Anglesey Race Meeting 24-26th May.... BOOOOM

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by CastrolCraig, May 28, 2013.

1. CastrolCraig

CastrolCraig Active Member

After a long build process the CMR64 Racing ZX7R made a successful race debut on his freshly built Classic Superbike contender over the weekend 24-26th May at the stunning Anglesey Coastal circuit.

Arriving late afternoon on Thursday, me & the team proceeded to finish building the bike ready for the Test day on Friday, a first for bike and me at the stunning circuit on this variation with the unique 'corkscrew' final sector.

Friday arrived to clear sky's, no wind and bright sunshine, and steady progress was made into learning the circuit and setting the bike up, a best time of 1'27.8 didn't exactly set the world alight but gave a good base for qualifying Saturday morning.

Saturday qualifying started badly due to issues with tannoy system not working at the top end of the garages, as a result i only got 2 laps before a red flag ended the session early.

A 1'25.6 lap placed me P3 in class and just behind the leading pair, a result nobody expected this early on in the bikes development.

Saturday afternoon brought the first ever race for Bike and me, after a tentative and busy first corner i emerged P3 in class and mid pack overall, following a Red Flag the grid was reformed, and after a 5 lap dash managed to finish in a fantastic 2nd place in my first ever race and also improved his lap time to a 1'23.8.

Race 2 (first one on Sunday) met with much the same result, another podium but P3, again improving my laptime to 1'21.8, and closer to the leading pack.

The final race of the weekend was one that involved myself and the big ZX7R and the circuit commentators described as 'Race of the weekend' over the course of the 12 lap race in a fight for p3 with another rookie the place was swapped 21 times, eventually a small error led to a final position of P4 but a lot of Racecraft was learnt by me aswell as a new PB of 1'21.3.

A fantastic weekend and one that simply would not have been possible without the FANTASTIC SUPPORT FROM FRIENDS AND FAMILY PLUS MEMBERS FROM THIS VERY FORUM, I am now looking forward to Donington Park in three weeks time!

Again, thanks to all the forum lads who have helped me, even now your names reside on the bike!

• Like Like x 2