Annoying Tank Grips!

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by Saqib, Oct 15, 2020.

1. Saqib

Saqib Active Member

Hi. I did search the forum, but didn't find anything.

I have a 2017 RA-H Blade. I ordered R&G tank pads for it, but am finding they are peeling back and generally not sitting nicely. Have others had this? Or do you recommend a different brand?

Would love to see pics of your tank grips to get some ideas, or opinions on the best ones. Am thinking of peeling these off, and trying another brand.

Photos attached of mine.

InkedIMG_2054_LI.jpg InkedIMG_2051_LIa.jpg

2. Saqib

Saqib Active Member

I forgot to say.. when i applied these, I had the grips warming up on the radiator for half a day so they were supple, and warmed up the panels with a hair drier.

I think it is still user error, my fault.

3. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

I had a similar problem on mine with EaziGrips. That particular area your having problems with is quite contoured and difficult to get all the edges stuck down. I ended up taking off that section and just leaving the tank side sections on. Mine fitted quite well though, yours look like they are right up to the edges which would causes it to lift especially at curved edges.

You did the right thing with the hair dryer though!;)

Ironically I have no grips on mine at all now as the only area of the tank my legs touch is the nobbled panel areas where your knees are in contact.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. stelwalker

stelwalker Active Member

Eazigrips on mine beginning of the year holding up ok. R&G protectors below them on the frame haven't been the best though :confused:

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Saqib

Saqib Active Member

I may follow your direction, and just leave the grips on the tank (removing the lowers).

The EaziGrips look good.

I wear Dainese Drake Air Trousers, they are textile.. and they slip on the bike. Perhaps leather trousers may grip better? An upgrade may be in order!

7. Saqib

Saqib Active Member

Those look awesome. Thanks for the pic, I will consider them.

8. Saqib

Saqib Active Member

9. Slick

Slick Elite Member

if that works the same way as the stuff you use under vinyl wrap too then it's awesome! Used it on a matt finish but as I never removed it I can't confirm if any residue was left over or if damaged it the finish

• Like Like x 1