Another 17 days in Scotland

Discussion in 'Events, Meetings & Ride Outs' started by megawatt, Jul 31, 2014.

1. megawatt

megawatt Well-Known Member

I'm staying in Kilwinning ,near Irvine, until August 16th. Anybody fancy a rideout locally or into the southern highlands gimme a shout. Any good routes also welcome.

2. richie

richie Active Member

Am in west Lothian, a could meet for a good blast up to Glencoe and Oban, really good run, stoping off at the green welly...

3. megawatt

Hi Richie, I'll pm my number for a chat.

4. HRCTrev09

HRCTrev09 Well-Known Member

That sound good to me too dudes if you arrange date & time give me a shout! I'm off to Ulster for a week come Sat but I'm available after that oh and a wee heads up John McGuinness and Dennis Hobbs is at Knockhill Mon 11th Aug help with track day so no cost to get in to watch and a chat with the legend :D

5. ColinBR

ColinBR God Like

I'll try and make an apperence also mate. Just depends on shift and other duties, but will try none the less.

I know a few cracking roads leading from Irvine and down to the border roads and back again.

If you leave Irvine and head down the A76 till you get to Carronbridge and the cut through the mountain pass (A702 this is a cracking piece of road ;)) you can then cut along the B7076 until you cut off to Moffat and stop for a nice lunch.

You can either head back the same route, or if your still feeling fresh after that I have another cracking route on the way back that will leave you with a proper smile on your face :)

#5 ColinBR, Jul 31, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  6. richie

richie Active Member

All of that sounds good to me... Am offshore on the 17th for a few weeks so fingers crossed the weather plays the game..
    Got your msg megawatt and will give you a call tomorrow sometime dude....

7. megawatt

Great mate. Lookin forward to meetin up.
    That's great Colin. Headed for Lanark this afternoon and came back towards Cumnock on A70. Great road until it started pi$$in down.

8. megawatt

Heading to Stirling this morning and hopefully meeting Richie somewhere. Sorry mate I can't find your number. When and where after work?

9. richie

richie Active Member

Awrite bud, we could meet up at Callander, around 6 ish, then take a blast up to the green welly, hope that's not too late for you...

10. richie

richie Active Member

Awrite megawatt, I'm afraid I'm gonna have to cancel on you.... Why is it when you plan a run the mother in law decides it's a good time to visit, and the misses takes the hump cause your going out on the bike, she obviously hasn't had a black eye before.... Could try giving HRCTrev09 a shout... Sorry again mate...

11. megawatt

Ok mate.