another chain lube video!

Discussion in 'Maintenance' started by bonjo, Jun 1, 2019.

1. bonjo

bonjo Active Member

would you change your trusted poison?

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Sp0oner

Sp0oner Active Member

Thanks for posting. I’ve yet to find a trusted chain lube in 25 years. I currently use muc-off and it cakes my rear wheel and didn’t stop the chain on my previous bike from rusting during Winter.

3. Jez

Jez Senior Member

Always used wurth dri lube as it does not mess up the rear wheel. good vid

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. bonjo

bonjo Active Member

I also use wurth. You will get next to no flinging.
    The coating is very light and would not provide rust protection in the wet. You can make it better by applying few layers over each other (I use the bike in between)
    But I don't think there is an answer to winter riding on salted roads othe that cleaning after each ride and putting some xcp lube on

5. Jez

Jez Senior Member

Only had 2 rides as wont use in the wet :( But hoping for Yorkshire TT tomorrow :)

6. BlackDevil

BlackDevil Elite Member

https://www.amazon.co.uk/HKS-Czech-Dubbin-Extrem-grease/dp/B01E3VS670

Product description
    HKS extremely the Juwel under the lubricants for extremely high-pressure necklaces with long term effect HKS extremely is a dünnflüssiges lubricant that when applying, the integrated capillary effect to the smallest Hohlräume reach, so always a string of optimum lubrication even in the interior, the hochbelasteten chain bolt, installation time. After 3 - 5 minutes Abdunst - Ungszeit builds up a greasy film similar to the form of a plastic coating with long term effect. The Greasy Film is 3-5 times thicker than ordinary lubricating films, so makes it Ruckdämpfend and chain sequence noise are extremely are reduced. HKS extremely produces a durable, thick fully waterproof a greasy film similar to the form of a plastic coating HKS extremely has an extreme suction and reaches up to the hochbelasteten friction spots against HKS extremely Sealed against dirt and water HKS extremely will not Abgeschleudert HKS extremely lowers necklace nachstellung much HKS Super ensures a smooth running, without loss of performance HKS extremely acts very quiet and Ruckdämpfend HKS extremely no chain cleaning for to smudge HKS extremely completely o/x/W Ring compatible with 2500 km chain lubrication intervals 6 attributes that only HKS offers. 1 Sealing effect: prevents dirt and water from entering 2 Langze Itsch Mier Movie: 5X longer lubrication Erinte Rvalle than conventional chain lube oil 3rd for quickly ready for use: After applying the cream in 3-5 minutes ready for use, will not Abgeschleudert 4th 5 x thicker a greasy film layer thickness: Noise Of Ruckdämpfend and Verschleißmindernd 5th the smallest dose: allows economical and targeted consumption No environment pollution 6 optimal care of the chain Innenlebens: securely attaches to the hochbelasteten chain bolt package size: 300 ml spray can

#6 BlackDevil, Jun 23, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2019
  7. bazzashadow

bazzashadow Elite Member

I can’t read that :eek:
    I have enough reading english;)

8. Jez

Jez Senior Member

Next Vid will probably say the earth is not flat, I will stick with my trusty wurth snake oil and feel contented my chain is happy:)

9. BlackDevil

BlackDevil Elite Member

Try again...

10. bazzashadow

bazzashadow Elite Member

Wish I was quicker at reading its sold out now;)

#10 bazzashadow, Jun 23, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2019