Another day another noob :)

Discussion in 'New Members' started by damodici, Jun 10, 2011.

1. damodici

damodici Active Member

Morning all,

Just thought I'd post up the first of possibly many and introduce myself.

I'm hopefully going to do a deal on a 09 blade this next week or so, my mate has had one since they came out and I always thought It was too small for me when I rode it years ago but I test rode one again last Saturday and I was hooked.

Extremely easy to ride, very capable of just mooching around but going warp speed in an instant (in the legal limit officers )

I have a KTM Rc8 and have always ridden twins really apart from my R1 track bike so maybe the great fueling stands out for me on the blade more so than others.

I'm gonna get rid of the R1 and use the blade as a track bike & obviously a bit of road here and there (keeping the rc8)

So, I may as well jump straight on in and ask my first question as this is a deal maker :)

The two bikes I'm looking at are a repsol and HRC, both say 09 and have black engine casings, am I right in thinking the 07/08 first borns are the gold engine casings models?

If so does that then make either of these 09's have the crankshaft update? Also anything else I should know about the 09's? Any recalls that should of been done?

Cheers all

2. Clemo809

Clemo809 Active Member

Hello and welcome.....................I can't answer as i don't have that model, but no doubt someone in the know will.

3. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

welcome to the forum. And I agree with you. Love the looks of the new blade the first time I saw them. and also thought they where going to be to small for me. well impressed how it suits me

4. dan.1moore1

dan.1moore1 Senior Member

The current shape blade started as RR8's, RR7's where still underseat exhausts . It is the 2010 models that have the update mate. RR8 and RR9 standard colour schemes have gold cases but the repsol and h&c had black so if you are looking at RR9's they will have black cases but no updated crank, RR-A's will thou

#4 dan.1moore1, Jun 10, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2011
  5. GSP

GSP Active Member

Welcome...

The 09's have the ceramic coated exhaust which can change colour, the ceramic coating has started flaking off in the past too. Mine is an 09 and was completely fine before I replaced it for a yoshi. The 2010 bikes have a style exhaust covering that is made of plastic.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I notice your from sunny Nottingham and have a KTM RC8... did you test ride a Repsol Blade at Pidcocks Nottingham a little over a month ago? Rode there on the KTM (youngish chap?)with your partner in the car?

I was gutted that day as I wanted to ride the blade and you (maybe) got in just before me lol, I had a deposit in my pocket ready to buy, and ended up going to Grantham Honda instead and buying one there the same day.

Or the other person you could be is an older chap that rocked up to matlock and parked next to my repsol on an RC8 with a woman on an R1?

6. damodici

damodici Active Member

Probably wasn't me mate, I went Pidcocks either last Saturday or the Saturday before but was on my own, I can't take the mrs bike shopping as I pretend they all cost half the amount they do ;)

Good info though gents on the model differences, i suppose it dosnt really matter then whether it's 08 or 09.

There's now 3 I'm looking at, 2010 ex demo urban tiger colours with about 2k on the clocks or the 09 HRC OR Repsol both with a little over 4k.

One dealer is offering the 6k service foc (possibly £200 worth I guess) and that's the repsol, there's a couple of marks/scratches on the right hand engine casing and marginally on the fairings near them so guess the old owner scraped it some how. Other than that it's in decent condition as you'd expect for that year.

The HRC has an Akra with it but apparently a slight crack somewhere on the nose cone, I can't make it out properly in the pics but he assures me it's there as I wanted to know what his idea of 'mint condition' really was, I love it when everything is mint condition but then turns out they really mean 'apart from' :)

The deal on the newer bike is pretty good I'll admit but I'm not sure I'm sold on the colour scheme so would probably replace it, the HRC would at least look good in the castrol body kits for track days if I decided to go the Chinese fairings route as it has gold wheels, the repsol. Ouldnt really be anything else with orange wheels now could it :)

Oh decisions decisions

7. GSP

GSP Active Member

The urban tiger paint job... Isnt that the colour of the second bike I posted? The dealers really struggle to shift they were telling me. Farnham and Grantham both buy them from other dealers cheap to send off to dream machines for castrol/hmp colours... So something to consider unless your getting it really cheap.

The 08 bikes had a tendency to use ALOT of oil, this was sorted out for 09 onwards.