Another Rant Thread - Reviews

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by nigelrb, Jun 7, 2018.

1. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

I used MCN compare recently to seek insurance for a bike. The facility is an excellent resource and provides us with instant quotes from various companies.

Today I received an email requesting the all-familiar 'review' of the service provided. Generally, I do not mind providing reviews when it will benefit others. As with any online button click, there are Terms and Conditions to agree to. I am cautious of these because of all the information that is 'mined' from us. In reading these T & Cs, I found this:

'Publication of Your Content will be at our sole discretion and we are entitled to make additions or deletions to any such material prior to publication, after publication or to refuse publication.'

So, my point is this: What is the purpose of a product user offering a testimonial on a product if it is subject to edit/alteration by the reviewing company, the effect being that the reviewing company can then slant our review with bias or self-interest?

I have relayed this to the reviewing company and state that I have no issue at all with MCN Compare.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

I would hope that they would only amend it to correct grammar, spelling, remove swearing, and potentially libellous statements.

Won't affect me though, I never fill them in, or indeed take much notice of them.

• Agree Agree x 1