Another ride to wales

Discussion in 'Events, Meetings & Ride Outs' started by lee711, Aug 15, 2012.

1. Alblade

Alblade God Like

Just in from a day in ... Wales - different area - Horse shoe pass, Bala, barmouth then back to Matlock Bath via a stupid Garmin route - were in Oswesty and it sent us to start of M54 - had said to chap with it go via Ellesmere and over - sees sign to Ellesmere and listens to satnav and ignores it....

Cut a long story short pretty shattered, will see how I feel in the morning but may have to pass, or do a half day and leave after fish and Chips in Aber and get home.

2. Barney1

Barney1 Guest

Oh Oswestry eh ?

3. Garyb

Garyb Moderator.
    Staff Member

Morning :D

And what a beautiful one it is too.

4. Barney1

Barney1 Guest

Morning all , good here sun sun sun

5. cbr1

cbr1 Active Member

morin from me too c u all in a bit :)

6. lee711

lee711 Active Member

Looking good, see you all soon.:):D:)

7. Alblade

Alblade God Like

Home at a good time - was a good run out again - def - weather at one point tried to do its worst and ruin day.

Few things to learn for the next one to improve flow - not looked at the GoPro footage but will try and do 'something' soon although away with work for 3 days now.

2 long days blatting about on bikes makes me realise how unfit I am - radox bath required.

Top marks for Steve for meeting up with us - know a few PM's will be sent later on today no doubt

Hope those who had more time had a safe trip back home - sorry if I did not speak to everyone before we split to head back up.

8. Givover

Givover God Like

[​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    Yup a fantastic day out .First a massive thanks to Lee for putting this together and to Dear Barney for putting up with us (yet again) Me i am very sore all other. Arse /legs and left shoulder although we did not make the full trip mainly due to weather creeping in and some dudes having work duties the roads are that awesome which is fast bend after fast bend for hours it doe's take it out of you so nearly 8 hours in the saddle at a very good pace is more than enough for me and i cant get may head around Nick Saunders doing a 1000 miles a day on an R1 without much sleep maybe he drinks Red Bull and it gives him wings. Anyhow there was a fantastic turn out with some dudes traveling from Blackpool /Southport way which is an extra hour for them each way. So yes looking forward to a condensed version of the trip which would be mind blowing .Well done all it was a top show.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Tom68

Tom68 Active Member

Just got in, fantastic day and I'm fooked. Great bunch of guys. :cool: see you all again soon.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Si.

Si. God Like

Just having a look at the vids... the bikes sound mint. Sorry if i buzzed anyone, i needed to get infront to film you all..
    I've got 20gig to go through...it may take me a while.....:p

Top day, Chinese take away for me now, i've a hurty botty. Cheers Barney, again!

• Like Like x 1
  11. thefirebloke

thefirebloke Elite Member

Cheers Barney for a hurry botty! ......What went on there then Si? I didn't see anything!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Si.

Si. God Like

My arse is sore from the seat Steve. :p

13. thefirebloke

thefirebloke Elite Member

Should've swooped places with him half way through and let him have a go on the seat.

14. Barney1

Barney1 Guest

bloody fireblade owners , you love them or hate them ha ha lol

• Like Like x 1
  15. lee711

lee711 Active Member

Had a great day today guys, some absolutely fantastic roads, Massive thanks to everyone for turning up, especially those that came from further afield, heroic effort considering the mileage. Big thanks to Barney for his effort and understanding of my lack of map reading skills today. Apologies for getting lost here and there guys but hey it makes the day more interesting and more memorable plus if everything ran smoothly all the time it wouldn't be as exciting.
    Thanks again.. :D:D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  16. cbr1

cbr1 Active Member

had a good day nice to meet u all :)

17. Alblade

Alblade God Like

Amazing what the camera catches -

[​IMG]

Have also been trying to work out how the Aston Martin managed to crash so badly by the farm - but guess is animal ran out or tractor / similar pulled out without looking properly - shame as what looked a good car totally written off.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

when I get to south wales again would be good to meet up with anyone down that way

19. Si.

Si. God Like

I'm probably talking on behalf of most of the members on here, but what a cracking bunch of chaps we have here. No big headedness, no stupidity on ride outs, and everyone looking out for each other.

Nice one guys, it's a pleasure.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Alblade

Alblade God Like

My day in pictures

Lymm Services getting ready
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Top tip - when you arrange (as leader) for everyone to meet at a petrol station make sure you fill up so you don't have to stop after 40 miles! (only messing Lee - gave a chance for more photos)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm not saying anything about Gary's new white boots lol
    [​IMG]