Anybody had a Daytona 675 or Gsxr750 k7+ or both?

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by sulaco, Nov 16, 2017.

1. sulaco

sulaco Active Member

As per title, just wanted your thoughts on these bikes. I'm selling the Blade and I'm considering one of these two. Will I be disappointed with them after the power of a litre bike? I've read a million reviews and they all say they are both fantastic bikes, the 675 has the triple engine all the grunt ect, the gixxer best of both between 600 and 1000. A penny for them. Cheers

2. Old_boy65

Old_boy65 Active Member

Prior to buying my blade I tried the 675, a very nice bike but... It was teeny tiny. The blade offered so much more. Best wishes with purchasing a new bike :)

3. Leeb

Leeb Active Member

I'm in the opposite boat, currently have a Daytona 675, looking for a fireblade.

I love the Daytona so much that I'm not gonna sell it yet, I'm worried I'll miss the small'ness of it tbh, it's so light & flickable. And the engine is a dream, the power delivery in great, so usable, and the sound with an arrow slip on is awesome. So the plan is too keep both for a while to see which I prefer.

I'd def go try one if I was you

#3 Leeb, Nov 16, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2017
  4. numnut

numnut Active Member

I went the other way - I had a k8 750 for 2 1/2 years before my rr8.

The 750 was pretty awesome, it did everything really well, and was roomy enough to be comfy for long rides (adjustable pegs as standard). I do find my blade feels a lot lighter both when riding and moving it around the garage though...

Power wise, there's not a massive difference - you certainly won't feel like you've dropped to a 125 or anything.

happy to answer any 750 questions you may have...

5. sulaco

sulaco Active Member

I've got my 2005 Blade up for sale £3650, but have been offered straight swap for a 06 675 with similar miles, Quickshifter, Tor exhaust, re-map, not really sure if it's worth it, or should I keep looking around for an 09+ with less miles? I have about a grand to add to what ever I get for my bike.

6. Blix

Blix Active Member

I had a K8 and a L1 750, both great bikes and plenty quick.
    I had a go on my mates Daytona R when I had the L1 and it is a good bike but you have to keep it buzzing to get the best out of it, as previously said it’s tiny and hard as nails, the GSXR felt positively plush after climbing off that, it does lean forever though.
    None of them were as comfortable as my blade but if it was me I’d pick the zook out of the two listed.

7. Kentblade

Kentblade God Like

Had a K7 and an RR6 at the same time, never got on with it, all ways picked up the RR6's keys in preference, and really cant understand the attraction of a 750 when the litres are so light and flexible.

8. Blix

Blix Active Member

Probably the price tag
    New 750 £9999
    New RR £15 something grand.
    Time difference to where you are going, seconds :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Kentblade

Kentblade God Like

Really?

I thought the question was about K7 or 675, compared to the OPs Blade, can’t see the relevance of quoting 2017 prices

10. Blix

Blix Active Member

I was replying to your statement of “I can’t understand the attraction of a 750”

You could also argue if you were particularly pedantic that saying you picked up the keys to your Blade instead of your K7 equally irrelevant as one of the very first things said in this OP thread is “I’m selling the Blade”

• Like Like x 1