Anyone interested in doing a group Ron Haslam race school???

Discussion in 'Trackdays' started by martinowen, Jun 3, 2013.

1. martinowen

martinowen Moderator
    Staff Member

Ok guys and girls I'm looking into my first track experience and after recommendation of a couple of forum members it looks like the Ron Haslam race school looks like a great package for me

The price includes

- bike hire with no deposits or charges if you have an off (big plus for me)
    - tuition
    - 3 sessions on track
    - debriefs and training in between sessions
    - no fuel or tyre costs

£289 (I reckon I can prob get a discount on a group booking if anyone's interested)

I think it's probably ideal for you first track experience as no pressure of large deposits or breaking your pride and joy :)

I'm looking at doing it in about 6 weeks (aprox)
    Anyone???

• Like Like x 1
  2. chinny

chinny Member

I could be up for this, but I'd need a date as I do shift work so may need to book some leave

3. martinowen

martinowen Moderator
    Staff Member

Chinny was going to see how much interest then look at dates but will get plenty of notice for you.

It's at donington by the looks of it, about 2hours away for me but well worth it by the looks of reviews etc :D

4. chinny

chinny Member

Cheers dude , I've done a track day there b4 & ill just book myself into the hotel down from the track for a couple of nights. Like the idea of the bike hire.

5. martinowen

martinowen Moderator
    Staff Member

Will keep you informed

6. lambeth longshanks

lambeth longshanks Active Member

I fancy it big time. But that's going to be a bit soon for me, shipmate.

7. martinowen

martinowen Moderator
    Staff Member

Well no definite dates yet, what sort of time period are you talking Lambeth?

8. SimonRR

SimonRR God Like

how long are the sessions?

9. martinowen

martinowen Moderator
    Staff Member

20mins each I believe

10. Jkaye

Jkaye Active Member

So that's £289 for an hour on track :eek:

11. martinowen

martinowen Moderator
    Staff Member

Plus tuition and bike and leather hire etc so not hat basic you think about it

#11 martinowen, Jun 3, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2013
  12. SimonRR

SimonRR God Like

Yeah but we already have great bikes and leathers, my first track day was half that price and I had 2 hours and 20 min round Donington which was an awesome day :) but each to his own obviously ;)

13. martinowen

martinowen Moderator
    Staff Member

I don't want to risk my blade, a normal track day may be cheaper but I would still hire a bike 250-300 quid plus a massive deposit which I risk loosing if I crash plus the cost of the track day on top so it works out better for me this way in my opinion.
    If I used my own bike I have the risk of wrecking my pride and joy plus the cost of tyres fuel and cost of the day it's self
    This will also be the first track experience I have ever had so the tuition would be a huge advantage too me.

14. SimonRR

SimonRR God Like

Tyre and fuel is nothing really, I am still using the same tyres for roads riding and will do another track day on them too, as for your bike, well that's all down to your own confidence as a rider I guess, have you not been riding long?

but like I say its your money to do with as you please lol, all I can say is that for half that price we had a fantastic 2 hours and 20 mins on track on my first track day, however my bike is maybe only worth £3.5k? being an old rr5 on a 06 plate, I take it you have a new blade so I can understand your thinking more :)

**EDIT** oops just noticed you have the same year blade as me :eek: for me a track day was all about exploring the speed and handling of my superbike in the safety of a track enviroment, so not taking the bike I feel most comfortable on was never an issue for me anyway ;)

I wont comment on this thread again ,as i don't want to go off topic, sorry about that :( and enjoy your Race school day mate :) am sure you will :D

#14 SimonRR, Jun 3, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2013
  15. martinowen

martinowen Moderator
    Staff Member

I can't afford to replace it what ever its worth, I have been riding since 16 (14years) but have a body full of metal to prove it doesn't matter how good you are, it's the other tw@ts out there!
    They still fetch around 5k and its mint so not a risk I want to take as its my pride and joy

16. jokeshopbeard

jokeshopbeard Active Member

I'm game for this, without a doubt, been wanting to do it for ages. Even better if we can get a group discount. Dates are the only caveat fro me though, I take it you'd be aiming for a weekday? Cause my weekends are fully booked until mid-August...

• Like Like x 1
  17. callumw

callumw Active Member

I know a guy (a vlogger) that did Ron Haslam on the 600's about 6 weeks ago.

1/2 through the 3rd session he crashed.
    In the process trashed a complete set of their leathers + lid and wrote off one of their brand new 600RR's with 300 miles on the clock.

Sure, they'll strip it for spares on the other bikes, but that £289 doesn't seem so bad now ;)

• Like Like x 1
  18. martinowen

martinowen Moderator
    Staff Member

Looking at dates on the website they all seem to be tues + wed I'm not sure if these are the only days they do.
    Once we have some rough numbers I will look further into prices and dates

19. Jamiestrada

Jamiestrada JamieMultiTraitor

I might be interested Martin, especially if its tues/wens :) perfect for me, I have done track days etc but you can never stop learning and would love to have a go at this. I like the idea of rock up, ride fast go home for a change :)

• Like Like x 1
  20. martinowen

martinowen Moderator
    Staff Member

Will also be good to meet some more faces off here :)

• Like Like x 1