Anyone tried Michelin Road 5 tyres on blade?

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by edderby, Nov 27, 2019.

1. edderby

edderby Active Member

I have used Bridgestone T30 evo tyres on bike for last 20,000 miles (several pairs!) as I tend to tour. I have a pair of lightly worn Michelin Road 5 that I had on my z1000sx (replaced before a v long tour) and am wondering whether to put them on the blade. Has any one tried them and are they any good on the blade? They ride well on my z1000sx, but they look like "wets" and I'm not sure how suited they would be to dry summer riding on a real sportsbike?

2. Voleracing

Voleracing Active Member

Hi yes i have tried them on a 2014 fireblade to get more miles than the oe Bridgestone s20 ( 1,200 miles )

Perfect road tyre imo better than Bridgestone. 190/55 rear to keep sporty feel

Put them on they will be great . If you dont like them swap out for T30 .

Dont think you will go back to Bridgestone tho

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Slick

Slick Elite Member

Only on the fronts at the moment, pretty impressive wet grip and fast warm up

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. edderby

edderby Active Member

OK thanks very much voleracing and slick. I'm going to go ahead and put the Road 5s on!

5. raphael

raphael Elite Member

Had them on my bike mate, got 8k out the back and it was only just starting to square off.
    Very impressive in the wet and cold and got to the edge in the spring summer.
    Like said above, get the 55 rear as the tip in is spot on.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. edderby

edderby Active Member

OK thanks very much. The rear that I have is a 190/50 so I will see how it goes and maybe replace with a 55. Can't put 55s on the z1000sx as it trips loads of warning lights as it's got loads of whacky electronics (cornering ABS etc) that get confused by unexpected diameter.

• Like Like x 1
  7. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Now THAT is interesting after we've seen lengthy discussion about Honda's 2017 - 18 doing the same thing and annoying so many!!:D:D

8. edderby

edderby Active Member

I might have muddled up sprocket changing with tyre profile changing. There are certainly issues with 2017 onwards z1000sx sprocket changes causing havoc with warning lights. Thought I read same about tyre profile, but Google suggests it worked ok for some people...