Anyone tried this mod? HID BiXenon Projector headlights kits

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by RedBull, Jan 12, 2013.

1. RedBull

RedBull Member

IMG_1647-360x240.jpg

We all have the same pet-hate when it comes to lighting on the blade; 1 isn't enough. Has anyone on here gone down the route of Projector headlights?

There's a few kits on the net, mainly from China & USA I've posted a few links to the suppliers.

They do look the "dogs' ballerics" My concerns are: Legal/illegal? Wiring the dam things up, as there's hardly any room to manoeuvre & fit ballast's.

Honda

honda cbr 1000rr hid assembly | eBay

2. thezipsteruk

thezipsteruk Elite Member

There is definitely a thread on this, i remember reading it with interest, do a search matey

3. martinowen

martinowen Moderator
    Staff Member

I looked everywhere for these lights, there was a place in us which seemed great and china, anything Chinese just falls appart! And the us one seemed very expensive, the fact I could not find anyone in the uk just made me think it prob isn't legal as surely someone would be doing it by now.
    So I gave up :(

4. RedBull

RedBull Member

I was at Poole Quay this summer (Huge bike meet every Tuesday 6000 bikes plus) I noticed a few of the newer bikes had projector lights fitted as standard; like the ones on new cars. Nothing fancy with demon eyes etc. But I couldn't track down the owner of the bike :(

I'm sure it was a ducati?

#4 RedBull, Jan 13, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2013
  5. Tom68

Tom68 Active Member

Hey up Redbull, For my sins I had a k8 GSXR 750 that had a single projector headlight, I put a 6000k H.I.D in it, loads of room to hide all the wires for a nice neat job.

6. Muffking

Muffking God Like

I love 'em.
    Those in the US seems a cheaper price than the Chinese ones.

I looked at fitting the projectors into my own headlights, but aftermarket projector units are too large.mto find headlights already done is a bonus though.

Here's a link to the member who did this to his 2010 Blade.
    http://1000rr.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7850

7. RedBull

RedBull Member

They look good. I think if you have a spare light assembly, which can easily be picked up off Ebay; It would be a good project to have a go yourself. Installing projectors isn't hard, it's the location of ballast on the bike and wiring that gives me pre-headache - not to mention the switches for the different functions i.e. demon eyes, DRL's, Angel hi/lo beam. :eek: