Aprillia rs 125 Back where belongs

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by DazzyH, Aug 13, 2015.

1. DazzyH

DazzyH New Member

image.jpg
    The story behind the little two smoke.

55 plate full power manual pogiall rs125 extrema.

Not everyone's cup of tea but as my first road bike when I come of age to join other road users I decided it was what I desired. So brought from new with the little money which I earned as a carpenters apprentice.

I rid through all manner of weathers and had many enjoyable moments. All sensible of course.

Made redundant at start 2009 along with other colleagues company went bust so had to sell bike to pay mortgage. fortunately bike went to fiancées cousin. So I was pleased to know where bike was and could still ponder 1 day to have it returned when the time was right. Ended up getting a job at the place with the lad who bought bike off me towards end of 2009 and been there since.

Due to working on the lads house and renovating and doing extensive building work . I was always checking over the bike whenever he wasn't looking to see how he had treated it. I refused payment from him for work as being so close, as friends I gestured I didn't want money for work as I knew how hard it was when starting out buying a new home and supporting a family at same time. How ecstatic I was when a few days later he came to me and handed over a signed logbook and my old keys to my little two smoke. Let's just say all bikes I have had. I enjoy it just as much just to hear it's single cylinder, and know when it's rave valve opens and listen to it stretch its lungs. Sound and smell is awesome. I have Nearly restored it to its former glory.

Work done so far. Bit of engine maintenance as only clocked just over 8000 miles. And rub down and respray. I kept it original colours. Just decals left now.

7 year old daughter demands I keep for her as she has her own bike a polini grc-rsr. Race ready.

I apologise for long winded story. Hopefully I haven't bored you too much.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 7
  2. sinewave

sinewave God Like

Mint that Matey, still keep looking at RS250's every now and again!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. raphael

raphael Elite Member

that was the bike to be on when i started riding, good effort fella

4. DazzyH

DazzyH New Member

I have noticed the prices of good clean 2 strokes slowly creeping up. Whether it's to do with being phased out I'm unsure or people have a little desire to possess one just like me to hear that rasp they give off

5. Scott

Scott Active Member

And the smell. I'd love my old bike back

• Like Like x 1