Are fireblades that slow?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Glenandemm, May 28, 2021.

1. Paul Longstaff

Paul Longstaff Senior Member

Both the busa and triumph will feel stronger if he was rolling on the throttle.
    if was at say 50mph in 4th or 5th and wacking it open to the red line then yes he may be disappointed but then he would have missed the point and probably shouldn't have a sports bike.
    All sportsbikes are at their best 2 gears lower than you might think and keeping it north of 8000 rpm.
    You try doing that on a busa ( I have ) and it's a little tiresome but start wallowing in its torque and it makes much more sense.
    You pay your money and make your choices

• Like Like x 1
  2. Glenandemm

Glenandemm Active Member

Cheers bud, I think he was just a messer as he messaged me the other day and said he bought himself an 06 gsxr1000!
    I went out on it yesterday for a ride by myself to cmc Chesterfield and the more I rode it again the more enjoyable it was, my plan is to keep it advertised and if it goes it goes and I’ll look at a later 18-19 fireblade or I’ll keep it, keep loving it and maybe put a quickshifter on it, decat it and get it mapped!

3. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

I'd keep it....I love the whole look of that bike. Don't know how big you are but the 18 19 blades feel small if you're tall etc as @PauloHRC will confirm. There's not half as much on the older ones to go wrong either. Qs decat and remap are the way to go . I can recommend the Translogic qs superb bit of kit :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Glenandemm

Glenandemm Active Member

Cheers @Lozzy im only 5f 5-6 so not too big!
    It’s all the electronic stuff that interests me to be honest!!
    If I do keep it I’ll def be doing those bits, been looking at YouTube vids of qs all morning they look ace and like you say the translogic or dynojet which is the same unit I believe are the ones to go for, just wouldn’t mind a blipper like the later models can have.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Glenandemm

Glenandemm Active Member

just been out on the bike tonight and asked my mate for a 2nd and 3rd gear side by side drag race on a bypass with his r1 big bang thats been mapped and everytime i pulled away from him!
    thought the first time i just got the jump but 2nd and 3rd time i purposely just kept him in front of me and i rode round him!
    are big bangs that slow?

6. bonjo

bonjo Active Member

little knowledge is worse than no knowledge.
    Don't doubt your bike's performance (unless there is a problem with it) and don't get rattled by the comment of someone who had no concept of big engine sports bikes;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Paul Longstaff

Paul Longstaff Senior Member

I've got MY 18 SP and at 5 feet 8 I find it a little cramped and apparently the 2020 is worse !
    Generally the newer the bike the smaller they seem to get.
    That said I still marvel at how quick the MY18 can turn and manoeuvre compared to my previous zx10r so smaller certainly helps throwing it about but it comes at the cost of comfort.

• Like Like x 1