are you comfortable?

Discussion in 'Parts, Accessories & Clothing' started by Bikeboy, May 24, 2020.

1. Slick

Slick Elite Member

For me its 2 piece Dainese leathers, Astars for gloves (Jet road goretex or GPs) and Daytona Strives for boots.
    I wear this all year round but may replace the trousers for textiles in the winter.

The 2 piece is over 10 years old and its done well protecting me through a few offs, the Daytonas took a while to break in but now all of my gear is super comfy but still reassuringly tough

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  2. BladeOfGlory

BladeOfGlory Active Member

RST Blade II jacket and trousers - got a good deal for the set and I wear them all the time. Very comfortable both on and off the bike, though hot when sat in summer traffic. For longer Europe trips I have a set of oxford waterproofs that go over the top in case of rain.
    Boots are a set of spada touring boots that are comfy for miles on end but I'm considering replacing for a sportier pair... (any suggestions?)
    Helmet is HJC IS-17, also v comfy, though has started squeaking recently, after a couple of years of use.
    I've done two weeks and 2500+ miles in this gear and not had any comfort issues at all.

Newest addition is a set of oxford RP-2R gloves to replace my knacked rev'it ones - they were a bit tight yesterday but I hope they'll give a bit!

And boy would I like a set of one-piece leathers as well... :p

• Like Like x 2
  3. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

RST blade jacket and trousers, but very comfortable. Bought some Knox Nexos gloves last NEC and they are very comfortable too.

My RST jeans shrunk in the wash over xmas ;) so currently back with my Alpinestars Supertech boot rather than my Dainese in boots which are superb.

• Like Like x 2
  4. bazzashadow

bazzashadow Elite Member

This weather held leather jacket and Kevlar jeans alpine boots and guy martins pink and blue agv but the padding is getting worn so I need a new one
    Colder weather rst blade trousers and furygan textile jacket same boots
    BSA held leather, Kevlar jeans and Simpson helmet with some Australian boots my mate gave me ;)

• Like Like x 1
  5. DazK

DazK Active Member

I used to wear jeans until some cager cunt taxi driver (i’m not bitter) decided to wipe me out head on:mad: never again!!! one or two piece leathers or i don’t go anywhere!
    RST Tractech 3 one piece for the pose:D RST IOM textile jacket with RST Tractech 3 pants, Dainese gloves, Alpinestars SMX plus and Xlite moto gp 803rr ultra carbon:)

#25 DazK, May 27, 2020
    Last edited: May 27, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  6. BoroRich

BoroRich Elite Member

I know what you mean. It's a twat to get stuff to fit right. Amongst my many physiological oddities are odd hands. The palms of my hands are medium but I've got short fingers so I normally face a choice. Get gloves that fit my hands in which case the fingers are too long and I end up with a bit of spare which is awful as I can't easily find the controls OR buy small gloves which fit my fingers but crush the rest of my hand a bit. I usually go with the latter.

Fortunately a few years ago I found out that HELD offer short fingered versions of some of their gloves.. Bonus!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Broadie

Broadie Active Member

Love my Daytona boots. Found alpinestar gloves good for short fingers.
    Some shops are better than others for fitting you out. I've found Julian @ westbay helmet city very helpful. Also heard good reports about Grand Prix Legends.
    Also are a few people about that will adjust your leathers.

#27 Broadie, May 27, 2020
    Last edited: May 27, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

This guy was very comfortable in his gear at the back of where I live last night :D

Ran out of talent with no licence and insurance on his bandit...:rolleyes:

#rippuffajacket #chavgetsovertheborder

Screenshot_2020-09-10-09-57-49-1.png Screenshot_2020-09-10-09-57-41-1.png Screenshot_2020-09-10-09-56-55-1.png Screenshot_2020-09-10-09-56-31-1.png Screenshot_2020-09-10-09-56-42-1.png

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. Boothman

Boothman Elite Member

Got the minimum he deserved then - hope nobody else was involved or put out (and that the obviously clumsy chap has repeatedly fallen over in the shower at the cop shop since)

10. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Blade runner 1

Blade runner 1 Elite Member

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

I've just noticed he's workmen's orange hi viz gear on underneath his gear...o_O

Council pot hole filler?!? Karma maybe..

Or a member of Mister O'Reillys.....Tarmac yer drive/prune your trees for £6000 sir :rolleyes:

Screenshot_2020-09-10-09-56-31-1-1.png

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Cptn_Cr4sh

Cptn_Cr4sh Active Member

For those near Barnard Castle, Scott leathers will make a suit, 2 piece or 1 piece made to measure for not much more than the off the peg price. Used my 2 piece for about 10 years and had some adjustments made all for not a lot of money. Getting armour in the right place so you are comfy is worth the time and the faff. Boots, I will often try different insoles if I don't get a good fit. Sports insoles with good arch supports can be a game changer. Helmets, try on as many different makes till you find one that's the right shape for you head. Helmets are not cheap and any place that won't let you try some on are not worth spending money with.

14. bladey

bladey Senior Member

Used Scott leathers for years now. Most comfortable ones I've owned and as you said, not expensive for the quality.

15. NS400R

NS400R Elite Member

I use Scott leathers too. Not overly comfortable tbh. But otherwise excellent