Assen Moto GP Trip 2014

Discussion in 'Touring' started by julestys, Jan 12, 2014.

1. julestys

julestys Active Member

Hi

This years trip will be to the Assen Moto GP in June for me and two mates.

Plan to to travel to Dover then ferry to Calais
    First night stopping in Ghent
    Then riding up through Holland to Assen where we are stopping in a hotel that used to be an old hospital

If anyone has a trip ideas / routes as we head up through from Ghent to Assen it would be much appreciated.
    Trying to stay off the motorways if possible, as will have done that all the way from midlands to Dover

2. The.kickboxer

The.kickboxer Active Member

Me and 4 mates are going, ferry tickets booked Harwich to the Hook on the Friday night, ride to the track for the day, then back to the ferry for the overnight trip back to Harwich. Long day on Saturday but hopefully worth it.

3. beavis

beavis Active Member

I'm also going with 3 mates . We are going from Newcastle on the Thursday night into Amsterdam Friday morning. Up to assen for the qualifying then we are staying in a converted prison ! Saturday we have grandstand tickets then staying Saturday night then back down to Amsterdam on Sunday for the ferry back to Newcastle. None of us have been before so it's another great biking adventure !

4. BRI

BRI Active Member

you're in for a crazy time.used to go to Assen for gp and superbike racing and stop of at amsterdam on way back. gp weekend is the maddest of the two the whole of assen on friday night is a big party all night long.the one year i got that p-ssed i missed the race.they were the good days when i was jack the lad,no kids and money in me pocket.have a great time;-)

• Like Like x 1
  5. morpheus20170

morpheus20170 Active Member

Assen is great. I have been about 4 times and most of the time I've ridden from Brighton to Harwich then Hook to Groningen where I stay in a b&b booked through www.bedandbreakfast.nl
    Be careful riding to the circuit as it's very busy and police are strict but very pleasant.
    Don't try taking alcohol into the circuit with you as the security is strict.
    Roaming grandstand tickets bought at the circuit for practice and qualifying and the atmosphere is great
    Enjoy.

6. telski789

telski789 New Member

I've been let down!! I'm supposed to be going assen but everyone's sold there bikes or skint! Anyone got space for a nice guy to tag along?!!!

7. Dune

Dune Active Member

ditto mate was going with the girlfriend, but we have just split :D lol trying to get some pals to go now :cool:

#7 Dune, Jun 3, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2014
  8. RepsolPaul

RepsolPaul Well-Known Member

Stayed in Ghent in the Carlton hotel last week, real nice run place, owned by two brothers, one a biker too.

Pre booked parking in their private secure garage, plush rooms and great continental breakfast too.

Can't recommend enough !