AU Recall - 2017 CBR1000RR

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by Slider_PerthWA, Oct 27, 2017.

1. Slider_PerthWA

Slider_PerthWA Active Member

Today Honda Australia issued an urgent stop sale on all CBR1000RH (SC77) Blades. Details have yet to be divulged in-relation to the recall. Just curious if our fellow Blade Pilots in the northern hemisphere have any intel on what this may relate to? I have an SP2 in the crate at my local pending delivery and this announcement has me a little worried (and cranky) given they cannot tell me now on when I can pick her up. Beginning to think I should be keeping my 2014 SP which has not missed a beat! Regards from Perth

2. derchef

derchef Well-Known Member

Nothing official from honda japan at the moment ( check on honda portal while writing this message)

3. Ritchierich

Ritchierich Well-Known Member

Just checked UK recalls and nothing there, can you updates if you find out anymore information please.

4. Slider_PerthWA

Should get more detail Monday. One thing I know is that no factory is immune but this has big a particularly bad year for the red wings. This is the first Blade I have purchased where the shop can't even delivery it! tbc

5. derchef

derchef Well-Known Member

Still sound strange to me , even Honda Australia is not aware about a recall

6. Ritchierich

Have you found anything out yet Slider?

7. Rented

Rented Active Member

Hey Slider, I have a 2014 SP too, up in Darwin. Mine isn't embarrassing me at all against S1000RRs and new R1s. Very very solid bike. It seems to have more power than the Blade is given credit for.

The new Blade doesn't really float my boat, I'd much prefer the new Suzuki. But I'd be seriously interested in hearing what the differences are for you when you do get it.

8. Gaffa22

Gaffa22 Well-Known Member

Well please keep us posted

9. Slider_PerthWA

Well popped into the dealer this morning, nothing has been yet made public. The email was fair dinkum from Honda AU. Anytime you see Stop Sale in Large Red print in bold immediately is cause for concern. Note the communication was for dealers only. Expect an imminent announcement. Meanwhile my SP2 is getting it's PD awaiting flight clearance. tbc...

10. Ritchierich

I went from a 2014 Fireblade SP to one of the new 2017 SP1's and have to say you can certainly notice the difference. Weight and throttle response/power was the biggest difference I noticed straight away, haven't been on track with it yet but roll on 2018 and I'll certainly be giving it a go on the track :)

11. Evan

Evan New Member

12. Slider_PerthWA

update, recall is officially underway. A little light reading for the faithful. My SP2 is getting its pd done and a couple of the bare necessities. No confirmation on when they can actually deliver yet. I can safely say that between when I ordered the MY17 and this point it is the longest Blade sale in history and continues... regards from Sunny Perth

Attached Files:

13. Evan

Evan New Member

Dang it! Mine is on the list. I spoke to service about it a few days back but they had no idea.

I wonder how you can tell if the cap isn't sealing?

14. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

I don't know how you manage. It's damn hard enough waiting a couple of days, let alone the more than two weeks (judging by your post dates) that you've been waiting!! Whilst there is good intent in the recall, a customer paying good money should not have to be inconvenienced whilst Honda gets its act together. Hope you're on the road soon!

15. Slider_PerthWA

couldn't agree more but I do live in WA and we are well versed in "Waiting Awhile"...

• Like Like x 2
  16. Beckers

Beckers Elite Member

Just the filler cap....

17. travellingkiwi

travellingkiwi Active Member

Lets' be honest... It wasn't going to be the ABS was it...

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1