Aussie 2013 Repsol Owner

Discussion in 'New Members' started by A Squids Life, Jan 8, 2014.

1. si1000repsol

si1000repsol Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome from the UK.

2. Skippy79

Skippy79 Active Member

It's either stopping and keeping my licenese or buying a bike and losig the license within the first month :D D... I've stopped riding on the roads for the last 4 years now, track only dude!!!.... but looking to moving up to north QLD, so would be more interested in jetski, boating, wake boarding ;)... but you never know....

17800 ride away is about 12000€, which isn't bad, were looking at 16000€, maybe 15000 for a year old bike, which is something like $22K...

3. Jap_STi_3

Jap_STi_3 Member

Welcome to place to be for Blade owners. Keep an eye out for Bruce on his GSXR who's riding through Australia at the minute on his way around the world. You never know. You can't miss him he's covered in TeaPotOne :cool:

4. steve b

steve b Active Member

Hi mate welcome

5. A Squids Life

A Squids Life New Member

Well here in Adelaide this morning at 9am It's 38 degrees celsius.........we have a predicted 5 days in a row above 40c .....Swaps anyone?

[​IMG]

6. Skippy79

Skippy79 Active Member

I'd swap anyday, better to wake up to sunshine knowing it's going to be a scorcher than to wake up, still being dark at 8.30, bloody cold, scratching the ice off my car, wearing a jacket, scarf and gloves in the car until you start to get sweaty nuts, getting in to work, and when you leave work it's dark again and still freezing cold..... well that's a few months a year here, and after 8 yrs I still can't get used to it :D :D bring on 2016!!!!

7. jmatt

jmatt New Member

Hi and welcome to the forum, great pics

8. A Squids Life

A Squids Life New Member

ADELAIDE will be the hottest city in the world today, according to a global forecast by the United Nations.

Rode my RR today in full leathers to the suspension tuner on the other side of the city. She held steady at 110c but couldn't cool anymore than that. Lucky i put in 10w50 oil in her.

9. dogman

dogman Member

What suspension tuner is that mate?
    BTW I hope you enjoyed your rather errr warm ride.
    Not my idea of fun. Bikes stay in the shed on days like this.

10. A Squids Life

A Squids Life New Member

Heading to ol mate Hoey's to get her set up. Currently its just setup as per standard.

11. colly

colly Active Member

Welcome, I wish I lived in Oz, almost always perfect riding weather!

12. A Squids Life

A Squids Life New Member

Bit of an update for you guys after a long Hiatus from the forums.....

So pretty much a year has gone by since i first purchased this beast, for its 1st birthday present I crashed her....yep...she is a write off.

Pretty light low side after i avoided some local fauna on the road mid lean through a corner. Bike sustained minimal damage really, broken rear set, broken side mirror and a few light scrapes on the exhaust. I must say my crash protection knobs did an excellent job on protecting the engine casings and fairings.
    So how is it written off? Well the bloody brake pedal rammed a hole straight through the frame! Pretty unlucky really, apparently the insurance guys haven't seen such a minor accident end up with a punched frame.

As for me i was wearing all my gear and i didnt even get a light tickle. My Racer gloves took most of the force and those hard slider pads on the palms certainly did their job.

What is next for me now? Well the payout is still pending, but I'm pretty sure I will grab myself a very low mileage 2012 Tricolour seeing as i can't find a good deal on another 13 repsol and im not a fan of the 15 repsol tbh.

13. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

Sorry to hear about your off but at least you are OK.

• Like Like x 1
  14. bradt

bradt Elite Member

Mate totally agree with Barstewardsquad post, keep us updated on your next purchase

#34 bradt, Nov 17, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2014
  15. martinowen

martinowen Moderator
    Staff Member

Sorry to hear about that mate, could you not save some of the parts from the repsol, wheels any decent panels then turn your next one back to a repsol?

16. A Squids Life

A Squids Life New Member

The bike was insured for the RRP which is considerably more than i paid for my bike new as i got it for a steal. For me the best option is really to grab a low mileage 2012 model as i like that tricolour scheme and then get the mods i like. I am thinking my premium will be rather elevated now i have an at fault claim to my name which makes everything a bit tigher on the cash front.

But yes that was a though i had also.

17. madfish2001

madfish2001 Active Member

Hi. Sorry to hear about your off. Hope you get a new bike sorted soon.
    Got any pics of the wrecked bike (just interested in seeing the hole in the frame).

18. A Squids Life

A Squids Life New Member

IMAG0660.jpg

19. A Squids Life

A Squids Life New Member

I have been paid out from my insurance company now and have put down a deposit on a new bike!

2012 Kawasaki ZX-10R. in shitty green! And man its ugly!

But it has:
    8000km
    Ohlins ttx mach 2 rear shock
    Dynojet Power commander 5
    Annitori Quickshifter
    Akra Exhaust and link pipe
    Pazzo levers
    Fender Eliminator
    Has Dyno papers showing 197hp but it doesnt show the stock baseline so i doubt thats correct. Probably about 15hp high but i dont know.

gc5158684953173236581.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  20. bradt

bradt Elite Member

Nothing wrong with that mate, :) ugly ? thats a matter of opinion, just enjoy it