B M W signs Michael Dunlop for 2014 - I O M T T

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by BladeWitch, Feb 13, 2014.

1. BladeWitch

BladeWitch New Member

If I've doubled up here, and there is another of these discussions out on forum - let me know

but Yeah, Michael Dunlop leaves Honda to sign with BMW for the next IOM TT - so What do you think Lads

Will Dunlop on the BMW S1000R/HP4 match McGuiness on the Honda CBR1000RR in the next TT ?

#1 BladeWitch, Feb 13, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2014
  2. Carl

Carl Well-Known Member

Michael pushed John last year which made to 2013 TT a memorable one so its a shame he has moved on. However, John will lead the team without the media focus the battle within Honda. Im a little concerned that Michael will hurt himself of that thing?

3. exfire

exfire Elite Member

Good for him, I hope he wins the Seniors. Hopefully he will quickly get to grips with the bike. He is a very aggressive rider and seems to show no fear of the road, the Honda I think is a little more forgiving than the BMW so he will need to be a little bit more careful. Lots of rumours before about this , so glad it has happened.

4. arc76

arc76 New Member

Totally agree with you Carl , I have always worried about MD he is so fast and so loose . Can not wait for it to all start bring on the roads!

5. Kevin1

Kevin1 Elite Member

obviously not happy with the terms and conditions to stay with Honda. Something to do with JMcG I wonder?
    It is great to see he has gone for a very competitive bike. Should make the TT very interesting knowing there will be no team orders between the two.

6. Ratser

Ratser Well-Known Member

Think he will win the Superstock on that thing.
    Not sure on Superbike. But he will be up there anyway.

7. arc76

arc76 New Member

Oh he will be up thier and i think it will give john some more fire to try and beat him .

8. Si.

Si. God Like

I remember an interview with Mcpint last year after his win in the senior. He said he kept some in reserve as he didn't push 100% as he rides well in his comfort zone.

It will be very interesting to see if he releases those extra reserves... if he does, he'll still win. I hope so anyway, i think the guy is fantastic.

Michael seems to just go for it 100% and use everything from the off, sadly, i think this might be to his detriment one day.

• Like Like x 1
  9. sps170373

sps170373 Moderator
    Staff Member

Very talented rider and should do well on the beemer

10. MrB

MrB God Like

Can't wait for this, very excited only 100 days to go.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Barney1take2

Barney1take2 God Like

Well I can't wait for this , Dunlop and Simon Andrews both on bmw's
    Dunlop has you know is fast very very fast , I think mcpint may not
    have everything go his own way come June ,

12. explorer

explorer Member

I like Mc Guinness but as you say Barney I think he will have a hard time of it again, Dunlop is fast and rides on the edge and should be very competitive on the Beemer. I wish guy Martin would win something he's got the talent, just something lacking.

13. MrB

MrB God Like

Commitment

14. Barney1take2

Barney1take2 God Like

Dunlop is on the edge and always will be ,

Guy Martin , he will win a race one day and then you
    Won't see him at the TT again , he's always said soon
    He wins one that's it I'm finished with it .

#14 Barney1take2, Feb 13, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2014
  15. t0m541

t0m541 Senior Member

Dunlop on the BM will be fast but with his ragged edge way of riding and pushing 110% there is the real possibility of him coming unstuck at the TT
    unless he spends the next 100 days getting completely dialled in.
    As many have said, and you Barney, well know the Beemer is a beast and fully tricked up as it will be for the TT could see MD overcooking it in one of his overtaking shots.

Guy Martin....he obviously wants to win one, preferably the senior race he has said in various interviews, though whether he walks away from the TT if he does win is doubtful.
    He has also said that he lives for the buzz that the race gives him, maybe that's what stopping him going that extra few % to pull off the win, the knowledge that he might have to walk away from his addiction as he has said he would do when he wins....
    He certainly seems to feathering his TV nest and establishing himself as a know face on in popular entertainment.

• Like Like x 3
  16. graemewalker

graemewalker Elite Member

Heard from a good source that Dunlop fell out with team last year as he thought they went a extra yard on set up for jm in the senior.

17. exfire

exfire Elite Member

I really like Guy Martin he has me in stiches with some of the things he says. I remember a few years back when he was being interviewed and was asked if he had limits when racing and he replied he did and that he would only push so far. I wonder if it is that which stops him from winning the TT ?

JM often looks like he is not at his limit but his riding style is very controlled. MD does not probably understand the meaning of 'limit'.

18. BladeWitch

BladeWitch New Member

it will be a competitive 2014 TT between the likes of BMW & HONDA, dunlop & mcguiness - dunlop is thirsty to carve out his piece of TT legend but the question is, will he's thirst push his riding ability over the edge on the BMW ? lets see what conspires as the next TT draws closer by the month.

19. BladeWitch

BladeWitch New Member

very interesting - dunlop and mcguiness tell it as it is .... ?

20. hondahead

hondahead Active Member

Will be interesting to see how Dunlop goes on the BMW