Back on the Road again.

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by red5, Sep 28, 2019.

1. red5

red5 Well-Known Member

EF2BD9BC-CF54-459B-8B35-E8A251434723.jpeg Im back on the road again after 8 months of turmoil dealing with the courts to clear my name and license of 6 points and MS90, anyway long story short I now have a clean license and picked this up today.
    Slightly underwhelmed after the ride home, nothing wrong with it but after owning the Ducati V4 I don’t suppose any bike will come close.
    Early days but I don’t think it will be a keeper

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. mk3golfcab

mk3golfcab Elite Member

She looks like a beauty mate. Would love to know how you get on with it over the next few weeks; been one of my dream bikes for a little while.
    Congrats on getting all the *hit sorted

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Holy sh!t. My second fave bike. Sure, I've heard and read mixed reports, but when it's from a forum member it actually means something. I have already said that I'd consider one if the 2020 Blade is a no goer, so I will be interested to follow your further appraisals.

From your point of view though, which is the most important thing here, it must be a bit depressing to have high expectations and then be disappointed after such a short ride. I hope some added familiarity might improve things for you!

4. red5

red5 Well-Known Member

I’ve only done a little over 100 miles on it it today, It is typical German engineering everything works flawlessly the engine is a peach ( no vibes ) , the gearbox is silky smooth, the brakes are sooo powerful.
    It’s so easy to ride, I think there in lies the problem whereas riding a Ducati is always an occasion.

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Mattie660

Mattie660 Elite Member

Well done on the whole court battle thing - it must be a huge relief.

I had a similar feeling after test riding a 2014 S1000R (not RR) - compared to my R1 the thing felt so slow, although the brakes were good. I had a similar feeling that any bike after my R1 is going to be a tough act to follow.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. red5

red5 Well-Known Member

I have to agree.....seems crazy describing a 200hp bike as slow and dull.

7. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

A couple of MCN reviews over the past fortnight (2020 R1 and R1M) have got me very close to going blue.;) All hinges on November NEC.

8. Wozza

Wozza Elite Member

Really I thought the reviews on the R1 weren't that flattering poor brakes was one also 44t saying starting to look it's age although other than a Ducati one of the best sounding bikes....my mates S1000rr still in bits at the dealer they have given him a S1000xr has to swap to a BMW uk bike next wk S1000r and they predict he won't get his bike back until end of October he is not bothered as he is comunting and putting the winter miles on there's however he is worried once engine rebuilt it is done probably...no doubt a new warrenty to start from that point..mind you if I had gone just buy reviews on the sp you wouldn't of gone near one...always test ride...

#8 Wozza, Sep 29, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Wozza

Wozza Elite Member

If I had the dosh Ducati V4 R all day long saw 5 of them in my friends dealership the other day he also had 2 used 1199 r around 7k miles and 17.5k ...they were 35k new....hmmm..

10. Shutty

Shutty Well-Known Member

Back on my 7th blade and it will be my last. The 4cyl sports bike are just lacking nowadays.. everything is just too perfect, which is what you need on a race track but a bit souless on the road.

I tried the old s1000RR and it didnt do much for me.. The Ducati Monster 1200R was an epic ride but just felt a bit small... and now i miss my Superduke 1290R... all day comfort, loads of fun and all the bits. The SP is a superb bike but beyond speed it feels to be missing what I'm looking for nowadays.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Mattie660

Mattie660 Elite Member

....starting to look its age - he must be off his head :D

R1M 2020.png

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

^^^
    So understated yet over glorious. Keep posting pics like that and I might have to contaminate my lounge room!

Not sure if I'd go all out for the tricked up version though. Two 20 grand-plus bikes that wouldn't be ridden much does seem over extravagant - or in simple terms, a waste.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Wozza

Wozza Elite Member

I know I think it looks a great bike but that's whet they said plus other sites seemed the same

14. red5

red5 Well-Known Member

I reckon your collection needs a BMW S1000RR...;)

15. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Don't push me. I have weaknesses:);).