Battery Chargers.

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by gRRandeelion, Sep 24, 2020.

1. gRRandeelion

gRRandeelion Active Member

I have what may seem a simple problem, I've just purchased an ''Optimate 1 DUO'' charger for my 19 SP. The instructions say for use on12.8v Lithium (LiFePO4) DO NOT USE FOR NiCd, Nimh, other Li-Ion OR NON-RECHARGEABLE BATTERIES. The HY93-C is labeled as Li-Ion, am I just confusing my self?

2. Kentblade

Kentblade God Like

Yep, it will work, but has not got the dedicated features of the Optimate Lithium 0.8 which is probably the jobbie you want for such a mega expensive battery

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Slick

Slick Elite Member

Lithium ion batteries are a group of batteries including LiFePO4, the charger you have is ok to use but personally prefer to use RC model type charger

4. Jez

Jez Senior Member

Lithium's do need looking after totally differently to lead acid , lead acid like to be fully charged all the time, lithium batts like to be kept at a low voltage, but not too low. I have a home made solar charger on mine with 2 settings storage and use. storage is 13.2v and use is 13.8v in the morning of use i just flick to a higher voltage for starting.
    I also use my rc charger for my life4po, Lipo, Lion Model Aeroplane and Helicopter bats. Slick I don't suppose you fly?

5. Slick

Slick Elite Member

Used to fly fpv drones a while back until the rules have became a bit stricter so most of that is now sold up, but I still play around a bit with vintage Tamiya models but with crazy brushless with 3s lipos, also a bit of airsoft if time allows. As most fellow RCers will know, my batteries are all stored at the appropriate storage voltage then balanced when I need them