Bazzaz

Discussion in 'Maintenance' started by luke jephcote, Sep 29, 2019.

1. luke jephcote

luke jephcote New Member

right from the beginning had this bike from brand new 2014 CBR1000RR main dealer fitted a Bazzaz and full akrapovic system on it didn’t really ride it as most the lads i ride with went in to enduro so I followed got back in to it know after going though the bike was wired in all wrong It’s all fitted properly now but will not start up turns over but no fire removed the PAIR and put blocking plates on like should be only thing I can trace it to is the PAIR plug in loom that’s left hanging any help would be a big one

2. CharlieR85

CharlieR85 Elite Member

Is the fuel pump priming (whirring) when you turn the ignition on? Is the kill switch in the run position and working ok?

3. luke jephcote

luke jephcote New Member

Yeap fuel pump priming ignition switch on checked coil pack wiring for brakes

4. CharlieR85

CharlieR85 Elite Member

I haven't done the pair block off plate modification but from the guides I've read/watched I think the connector just gets left off.

I think you are going to need to remove the tank and airbox to double check everything on the bazzaz is connected properly and also nothing has been left off or trapped when re-assembling. Sorry I couldn't have been more help. Perhaps someone else will be along in a minute with more suggestions.

5. luke jephcote

luke jephcote New Member

Been through all the wiring and all correct spent all day Sunday going over it double time bike turns over it’s fuelling but it’s as if no spark

6. CharlieR85

CharlieR85 Elite Member

Would you consider disconnecting the Bazaz from the injectors etc to try and start the bike without it?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Blade runner 1

Blade runner 1 Elite Member

What condition is the battery in? When was it last running?

8. bazzashadow

bazzashadow Elite Member

Pull a plug out and check for a spark

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

That was actually my thought; to put it all back together before LJ started 'fiddling'. And then start all over again with a written notation of each wire and plug and where they go.

10. bazzashadow

bazzashadow Elite Member

Am I reading right
    It looks like you are saying the dealer fitted your bazzaz
    But in a previous thread you said you fitted it:confused:

11. luke jephcote

luke jephcote New Member

Right from the start cbr1000rr had the bike from brand new it’s 2014 main dealer fitted the bazzaz thinking it would be done properly big mistake bikes only done 2700 miles only used it lightly as went in to enduro in a big way after getting back in to track days and stuff the bike never rode as it should after stripping it down and having a look it was a can off worms the coil harness was run down the wrong side of the bike for the bazzaz they put a wheel nut in the pair to block it off rather then say we can put the blanking plates on why it was being built after routing it back together properly my self the bike turns over but don’t fire up think it’s either fouled plugs or on top of the coils the connectors not making good contact

12. CharlieR85

CharlieR85 Elite Member

Sounds like it just needs another Sunday in the garage with the tank off mate. As you say, it may just be a connector somewhere that's not made or left off altogether. I'd still recommend disconnecting the bazaz though if you can't find anything.

Have you checked you've got a fuel map loaded into the bazaz? Perhaps rule out software corruption and reload the zero map into it again.

13. CharlieR85

CharlieR85 Elite Member

What does the bazzaz software say on the laptop when you connect to the unit? I know my power commander software shows you throttle position fed back from the TPS, that's a quick way to check one of the connectors is fitted correctly atleast.

14. luke jephcote

luke jephcote New Member

Plugged in says all fine TPS good every think ok got two maps stand one from bazzaz and think it’s just going to be along drawn out job why it’s in bits going to tied all the wiring up properly

15. Jez

Jez Senior Member

I have not fitted one but are the plugs going to the right injectors

16. luke jephcote

luke jephcote New Member

Yeap every think plugged in right down to the book plugged in to computer every think reading ok on diagnostics turns over fine it’s as if the ignition not firing so pulled it to bits last night plugs well blacked up so changing them now and going to test coils and wiring to ecu hopefully get to the bottom of it soon

17. luke jephcote

luke jephcote New Member

Got to the bottom of it in the end oiled up plugs from running to lean on map runs like a good one now at last

• Like Like x 4
  18. luke jephcote

luke jephcote New Member

The gremlins are back out new pulls in it started up thought it had cleared the problem back to where we started there’s a code flashing up on the clocks so tomorrow it’s a morning reading codes going to put a stock map in the bazzaz of the net then it’s off to the shop the hard wear is all plugged in correctly the plugs I tuck out where black running rich can’t belibe it’s beaten me ☹️