Be honest.....how much you spent?

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by Paul Longstaff, May 10, 2020.

1. Paul Longstaff

Paul Longstaff Senior Member

Let's see how much 1000RR members have contributed to the economy because of lock down
    These are probably or possibly expenditures you wouldn't have made if at work as normal.
    I'm in for a new helmet and new lighting for my garage so about £350 but the missus is in for shed loads and I dont know how much she spent but she did get a sofa for the garden which was £200 , lights for said garden, umpteen pairs if shoes and dresses get delivered. A new bed spread set and mattress topper and we definitely didnt need those. So I'm guessing shes in for an easy £600
    So Boris I've helped out to the tune of about a grand.
    Jeez that's about 3 years worth of tyres !

• Funny Funny x 3
  2. Empty_Ten

Empty_Ten Active Member

I repainted my fence panels, decking and gates recently. All paint and materials etc came to about £250, bought a few odd pieces of small furniture and it came to £110.

My girlfriend caused a small plumbing emergency and that cost me £100 and I had some electric work done the other day at another £120

....£580, that’s just the main stuff. I’m sure there’s a few more bits here and there which have taken it £600+ (the LED headlights actually!)

....and then I’ve got the valve clearance on the CBR coming up. And I’m still working :confused::confused:

• Like Like x 2
  3. Selmer50mark

Selmer50mark God Like

Road tax
    And beer

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Paul Longstaff

@Selmer50mark
    So with you it's not so much how much you've spent more how many pounds youve gained?:D

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. Selmer50mark

Selmer50mark God Like

No more than usual :rolleyes::D:D

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Brom66

Brom66 Well-Known Member

Spent a fortune on the Grandkids, trampoline, summer cloths, Disney DVD's, decorated two houses, bathroom suite. bought some gardening crap, grass feed plant ect…..., and for the serious stuff Beer, HRC cover and Hugger... but need a small reg plate and more Beer

• Like Like x 1
  7. Nigel H

Nigel H Active Member

la la la - can't hear you.

OK it's about £335 but most of that was Lightech chain adjusters (real bike bling) and a front Paddock stand.
    I wish there was a huge petrol bill to include but it hasn't been out. <sulk>

• Like Like x 1
  8. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

About £20 fixing the pressure washer, £44 for new foam lance with extra cleaning fluid, and that is it on the bike, I even filled it from a Jerry Can when I had to go to the outlaws.

On the other hand this year has so far seen over £20k go on the house refurb and new septic tank system.

9. Wozza

Wozza Elite Member

2 new pedal tyres £80 ...new Castelli undershirt £30. 2 new tyres for car £480 new tyres for bike £320 all by Pirelli now have shares in them.....decking paint £20 ....Fence paint £20 .....

• Like Like x 1
  10. Paul Longstaff

[QUOTE="OK it's about £335 but most of that was Lightech chain adjusters (real bike bling) [/QUOTE]

Ha just had to google them in case I was missing out.....and that is the problem too much googling and too much spending.
    I forgot to mention a god forsaken fire pit that the missus bought ad well, what frick am I supposed to do with that. Complete waste of cash. It will sit in garden , rust a bit then get moved into my garage and then I will have to skip it in about a years time.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. DazK

DazK Active Member

OMG ok, New mirrors £144, Renthal gold chain and sprocket set £170, Gilles ac chain adjusters with crash pads £165, gilles spindle nut £56, titanium lock nuts £24, quick action throttle £28, abba stand with front lift £156 and a translogic is4 £377! That’s just the bike:eek: not including the rizoma fuel cap, rizoma bobbins, and yoshi end can as pre lockdown! hope the wife never gets to see this thread:D:D Dulux trade paints for the garage floor and exterior and the decking/fences and gates stains comes in around £200:rolleyes: Thanks Boris you c**t:mad::D

• Funny Funny x 5
  12. Muffking

Muffking God Like

Too right.
    I've got the the "W" curve, where Weight = R x 2.
    Basically I'm coming out of this as an overweight, diabetic, wife beating alcoholic with agoraphobia :eek:

• Funny Funny x 8
  13. Paul Longstaff

Bloody hell dont beat your wife..who the hell will do the ironing?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

So all normal then.... come on you knew someone would say it :p

• Old Old x 1
  15. cbrbadboy

cbrbadboy New Member

5k on M RCK kit

16. Muffking

Muffking God Like

Yeah but I never said who's wife :D

• Funny Funny x 3
  17. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

All in about 4 grand since 29th March!
    2001 R1
    Arrow exhaust for above
    Campagnolo shifters and chain
    Carnac cycling helmet
    WSBK dvds
    Fence sprayer
    Exhaust hanger
    My eBay purchase list is endless

Pre lock down I'd bought new Ixon leathers, to be honest I've probably spent about 5k since end of January.... (3 new helmets I forgot to mention) The only thing I've bought that wasn't for myself directly was fence panel paint and sprayer :eek::D

#17 PauloHRC, May 10, 2020
    Last edited: May 10, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  18. mk3golfcab

mk3golfcab Elite Member

I’m not failing in to this trap.... :D £0 is what I’ve spent ;)

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Wozza

Wozza Elite Member

I think Paulo you are in undertaker so no doubt business is booming...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

Indeed..... Unfortunately though, we are twice as busy as we normally are at this time of year due to this horrible virus and weekly the amount of funerals we are doing is going up. However we have reduced our fees significantly as we can't offer certain things like limousines and in some cases Chapel of Rest facilities. Due to this, monthly figures show that we aren't making any more money than we normally would so it's balanced things out. More funerals..... Charging less.

So no..... Not earning anymore money, just buying too much stuff:rolleyes:

On a personal level, I just wish it would go away! Working with it on a daily basis and then going home to your family is not a nice feeling as I'm sure anyone else who is out there would agree! :confused:

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1