Bemoto insurance

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by CBRGav, Jan 22, 2018.

1. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

What a great day.

Got the bike out at last. Tried to imagine it was a Repsol to keep CERTAIN members happy, but then I realised I'd totally let down my 'proper' friend PauloHRC.:cool::cool:

Got back home and there was a message waiting from Alex at Bemoto. He came up with the goods for a multi-bike policy. I explained my drama with MCE when I asked to add the MV to my Blade policy. The price? £210.37 for 2 months which equals an annual rate of £1262, which is about 5 times dearer than what I'm paying for the Blade.:mad::mad:

As Millsp1 said above, Bemoto may not be the cheapest, but when we consider the inclusions the product represents value - for me at least.

So I guess I will soon be done with Motorcycle Cash Extortion!:)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Brian....

Brian.... New Member

I personally would use them as they quoted me £360 full comp, received a quote from Hastings £179 full comp so was a no brainier for me.

3. CBRGav

CBRGav Active Member

Hastings weren't far behind for me, but my bikes in the shed so they wanted it down as parked on street, as it's not brick built and they also wanted extra for everything else, where bemoto had it on the policy straight away(break down cover, leather and helmet, etc) Also Hastings had 750 compulsory excess for me which I didn't fancy, but then insurance companies seem just make it up as they go lol Hastings were cheapest I could find on my old r6

• Like Like x 1
  4. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Certainly seems right about things being made up as they go along. I could try Hastings, but it's such a drama going through all the formwork, more so for two or more bikes. More than happy with Bemoto.

Interestingly, I did complete an application with AA (as I said I would) and in two days they haven't responded. WTF?:confused:

5. dainesefreak

dainesefreak Senior Member

I was with Hastings for a couple of years and when I asked to add the Blade to the policy I had the Mille on it went up £20. When I eventually did the deal on the Blade I called back, I'd sold the Mille and just needed to cover the Blade. They then wanted £400 extra. So I ran it past them again "it's actually cheaper to insure 2 bikes than to just insure 1??", yep.

The best part was I'd actually done a few online quotes for the new Blade so I'd got some ammunition before I called. Hastings were actually still the cheapest and were nearly £200 cheaper on their own site than on the phone. So the advice from them was "cancel the current policy with us now for no fee, take out the new policy whilst you're on the phone and I'll make sure it's worked OK".

I get that usually a new customer quote is cheaper, but how 2 bikes at risk on the same policy is only £20 more is ridiculous. I also don't get how they can't be anywhere near competitive with their own internal quote system for existing customers.

6. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Ha. A bit off track I know, but a year ago I had cause to spend a few nights at a Premier Motor Inn. I had to extend by 3 nights, so approached reception and asked the rate. It was heaps dearer than I had already paid. I was advised that there are deals on the internet.

I said, 'So you want me to go back to my room and log on to the internet to book a room in a hotel where I'm already staying?'
    Answer: 'Yes, I'm sorry. That's the way it works.'

I guess the answer to both our conundrums is: 'Ours is not to reason why!'

(Speaking of quotes, I've had some doozies for the Glasgow - Stratford-upon-Avon transfer.:eek::eek: Bike gets picked up Sunday, delivered on Monday then off for MOT) I see a forecast for snow early next week. Damn!!:mad::mad:

7. dainesefreak

dainesefreak Senior Member

Winter tyres and Bob's your uncle. ;)

Not long to wait now then!

8. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Huh? Winter tyres? Haven't you read that I'm in the 'pussy' club? Clean bike, dry roads - that's my lot!!:cool::cool:

I suppose I could go back to Auto Trader and look for a wet weather bike - perhaps a Repsol would be the go!! :D:D:D:D:D

9. CBRGav

CBRGav Active Member

Bit of an update, just had my phone bill and after sitting for the afternoon on my phone to all the mentioned insurance bastards. Mce are the only ones that cost me to call and it was 8 and half quid to find out they're prices are shit lol everyone else was free!

10. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

Was it this number? It's local charge & I guess free really as most mobiles are unlimited calls now?!?

Screenshot_2018-02-04-15-18-01-1.png

11. CBRGav

CBRGav Active Member

I ussed the 0844 number from their website, turns out they're not included in my free minutes

12. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

Most companies using 08 numbers have normal/free numbers squirrelled away...Google usually brings them up :)

13. wilbert

wilbert Active Member

Good website to find alternative numbers is www.saynoto0870.com 9 times out of 10 you will get a regular number and not an unexpected phone bill.

• Like Like x 1
  14. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

I'm also expecting a slug on my phone bill - courtesy Motorcycle Cash Extortioners. I think it costs us about 50p just to listen to the intro and press this and that crap. I know 0800 numbers are freecall, but 0844s we have to pay, and by the time MCE drags the conversation out, as CBRGav says, it'll end up costing us a fiver - or more!

15. CBRGav

CBRGav Active Member

None of the others cost me anything! Rob dogging bunch. Won't catch me again

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Stevie_d

Stevie_d Senior Member

The AA for me £350 fully comp been with them 2 years now

17. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Yep, sure does. Having to call DVLA a few times at the moment. Took your advice and bingo; got an 0300!;)

• Like Like x 1
  18. exuptoy

exuptoy Elite Member

Just sold the 98 R1 and picked up a Daytona 955i to go alongside the 675 Tona and Bemoto charged nothing for the mid term adjustment, no extra for the bike and I was advised that if my limited mileage was too low, call them back when I'm getting near and if the underwriters charge them a fee they won't pass it on!! That's superb!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Manofsteel

Manofsteel Well-Known Member

Thanks to all who recommended Bemoto insurance just had an absolutely horrendous quote from MCE of nearly £600 for renewal what a joke,was only £300 last year, a quick call to Bemoto and a cracking bloke called Ryan sorted me out at £242 what a result and that's the titanium cover underwritten by Axa how do MCE get away with this?

• Like Like x 1
  20. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

Just rang MCE to swap insurance to the new bike. Extra was £2.86 for the 3 months left, and the fee should have been £40.50 but they charged me the address change fee of £17.50 instead, which whilst not great is much better than what it should have been.

Nearly had puppies when the said the excess was £6,500, but luckily it was actually £650 as I'm guessing the rep who sounded European read the decimal point as a comma like they do elsewhere.

That also included adding the Sleep Apnoea to the details so overall not too bad, but then I seem to be one of the lucky ones with MCE. Now Carole Nash is a different story with me!

I will be checking out BeMoto at renewal time, even if it means having to speak to people. How very 1990's :D

• Like Like x 1