Best exhaust , looking a sounding ?

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by Stevie_d, May 7, 2014.

1. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

I like big butts and I cannot lie...

image.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  2. marco s

marco s Active Member

THAT'S IN BAD SHAPE :eek:

3. sps170373

sps170373 Moderator
    Staff Member

• Like Like x 1
  4. el-nicko

el-nicko Well-Known Member

Well it's probably slipped under your radar mate but every single slip-on featured in this thread contains rivets. Probably, I suspect, because that at some point in their useful life they'll need to be dis-assembled for re-packing with new sound absorbing material. ;)

5. ColinBR

ColinBR God Like

If the taylormade exhaust was made of stainless it would be a decent exhaust.
    As it stands the quality lets it down, even though it is the best looking exhaust for the blade IMO.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Zanshin

Zanshin Active Member

Another option.... and each to their own ;-)

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  7. Dave V

Dave V Elite Member

Er, perhaps it slipped under your ability to read the entire radar scan and note STEEL element. I suspect crane with loads of wd40 rather than slip on might be the case?

#47 Dave V, May 9, 2014
    Last edited: May 9, 2014
  8. Dave V

Dave V Elite Member

Some time ago, but all I have to hand of the rear

[​IMG]

Home made tidy with as you say integrated indicators

9. ShinySideUp

ShinySideUp Elite Member

I may be wrong but it's been mentioned that the ECU reset can be done manually by starting the bike and running it up to temp till the fans cut in without touching the throttle at all during the process!
    Once fans cut in and bikes switched off the bikes baseline settings have been reset. :)

• Like Like x 3
  10. Bryan01

Bryan01 Active Member

Wow hold on there!

I'm a fan of the finished look but the build quality and design of what's behind the cover is crap!

11. Stevie_d

Stevie_d Senior Member

That Taylor made thing is shocking , that piece of crap is behind the carbon infill , £700 Jesus Christ

12. el-nicko

el-nicko Well-Known Member

Hi Dave,

Well I took the 'steel' element 'as read' Dave. If not steel, perhaps you can enlighten the rest of us as to what all the other after-market zorsts are made of then? But anyway; Lighten up mate. It's only a fekin zorst. ;)

ATB, Nick.

13. martinowen

martinowen Moderator
    Staff Member

Ummmm carbon, titainium, stainless........... ;)
    Sorry couldn't resist

• Like Like x 3
  14. Dave V

Dave V Elite Member

Fair shout Nick, but likewise perhaps don't ask for opinion or voice yours if your not prepared to respect what people think, right or wrong.

I do actually really like the look of the TM, at one stage was on my list of must have's.

Is that a trick question? Everyone knows it's good old heavy, corrosive mild steel or chocolate- what other material could possibly be used? ;)

#54 Dave V, May 9, 2014
    Last edited: May 9, 2014
  15. iang27

iang27 Active Member

The Taylormade IS made out of stainless.

I asked them directly last year when I read reviews regarding them 'rusting'. Taylormade assured me that they are made from stainless and the rust effect is the paint flaking/peeling on some of them which they would recoat free. That is no good to us in the Uk mind.

They definitely aren't the best quality exhausts in terms of build quality but are very unique and are one of the best looking ones out there.

One thing with them is that if you are super heavy or have your suspension set too soft then they can ground out along the trailing edge. A friend has had one for 6 years and his has only recently started leaking a bit and he has never repacked it or anything.

I would definitely have one myself, just got to decide if to keep the Yoshi, change it for a Racefit or get the TM when I go to the US this year (£460 !! with no charges, carried back as hand luggage )

• Like Like x 2
  16. navvy10

navvy10 Well-Known Member

I've owned a TM and then swapped it for another aftermarket exhaust and compared both on the bike and off. Other than looks the TM has nothing positive going for it. Basically it's a cheaply made version of a termignoni but at similar price. It is detrimental to the performance of the bike over a std can and started to heavily corrode almost straight away.

These are facts not personal opinion. I recommend you physically inspect one before seriously considering to buy because looks alone shouldn't be the deciding factor with exhausts due to their function on a bike :)

• Like Like x 3
  17. iang27

iang27 Active Member

It was your pictures that prompted me to get in touch with Taylormade last year, it did look rusty, definitely, but they assured me it was stainless, they even have it on their website, still crap build quality though. They get snapped up very quickly when offered for sale.

• Like Like x 2
  18. navvy10

navvy10 Well-Known Member

It didn't look stainless to me based on looking at the Yoshi and Akra stainless items. Also it is very thinwall tubing for an exhaust. I wasn't aware stainless could corrode like that or so quick. That was dry only miles and no more than 1200miles covered. I just looked in shock at the connecting pipe between the two boxes and the wonky weld job as seen in pic.

IMO opinion the exhaust is worth no more than £350 in current build style. They have also been know to blow apart from the pipe that connects from first box to manifold. Mine was corroding heavily in that area and I met two other riders at track days who had experienced that exact problem.

It's a shame cos Termignoni build them much better for the same style

19. Bryan01

Bryan01 Active Member

Bloody Hell this lighthearted thread is getting a little bitchy :D

Bottom line is we all like aftermarket exhausts, some for their noise, some for looks or performance we are all individuals ! I know a guy that like wearing pink shirts? My old fella would turn in his grave if I put something pink on :D

• Like Like x 2
  20. exfire

exfire Elite Member

Some nice exhausts on here, but they are all in the wrong position, they should be under the seat ;) exfire creeps away stealthily and hides for a while :D

• Like Like x 3