Best Tyres for a track day on sketchy track.

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by mick66, Oct 14, 2021.

1. mick66

mick66 New Member

I have a trackday at Oulton Park in the Inters on 19th October and the weather is looking like its going to be abit crap. Forecasts says it should be about 18 degrees...
    I'm taking the Blade for me to ride. Should I go with the standard Pilot Powers (Not 2CT's) , which are on the bike at the moment, or should I put on a set of Racetecs K3's, (similar to Supercorsa's) ,which I have on a spare set of wheels. I've not used either on the track before and I don't really have room in the car for another set of spare rims. Given the likely weather I'm thinking the Pilot Powers might be better in the sketchy conditions.... I Need decide before I go.

Anybody used both..
    Cheers..

#1 mick66, Oct 14, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2021
  2. Lock

Lock Active Member

Depends on how much of a track rider you are - otherwise you'd already know. I'm not a seasoned track rider by any means and I've done track days on road tyres with no issue - just be sensible and ride within your limits, otherwise you'll just be another statistic in the gravel - or ambulance!!

Did a Ducati track day at Silverstone for the first time in torrential very shit and crappy rain - pretty sure they were normal road tyres, shit myself but kept it on the black stuff! If your trying to ride as fast as you can then put on something sticky!