Beyond the blade

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Shutty, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Shutty

Shutty Well-Known Member

Help needed

Ive been lucky enough to have had 7 Fireblades over past 10yr and only ever had two non Honda bikes (03,08,09,13,16,16,19) a Superduke 1290R (sadly missed) and a Ducati Monster 1200R ive no experience of anything else and looking for a second bike alongside the SP i can do a few low key track days and some road riding in less favourable weather and just generally fiddle with and tidy up.

Question is what, i fancy a change and would be easy to pick up a 06/7 blade number 8, but as a comparison to a £4k blade anyone have any experience of the following, good/bad points

R1 2006
    Daytona 675 09
    Zx10r
    Zx6r

Thanks

2. Spygoat

Spygoat Well-Known Member

I've had a ZX10R and an R1. I would skip both and get a Suzuki GSXR750. I have one as a track bike (one day I will put it back together). Nible, powerful and easy to get spares for.

3. raphael

raphael Elite Member

I’ve been thinking something similar but the other way round,
    My blade will stay as the commute bike and will look for something special.
    I’ve had a zx6 bit was 2010 model and to be honest would probably still have it if it wasn’t written off.
    Loved everything about it mate, cheap fun compared with the litre bikes, enough power for the roads without scaring yourself lol build quality was better than my blade as did exactly the same with that bike and didn’t have to replace one fastener.