Big slide today. Blade a bit wobbly now.

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by Plake, Feb 18, 2013.

1. Freedom of choice

Freedom of choice Elite Member

Really gutted for you, but the main thing is that you are alright, everything else is just plastic and metal that can be repaired or replaced. Try and look at it from that point of view if you can.

Sent from Freedom's Hellberry

2. SoonBeDead

SoonBeDead Active Member

i'm gutted for you fella. If there's anything i can do ie sorse parts for you let me know. I'm glad your ok but sad for you about your bike.
    I know from personal experiance the bike is fixable but your not, so the fact you ok is good believe me!!

3. Honda1964

Honda1964 Active Member

Sorry to hear mate, hope you get it sorted out.

4. Plake

Plake Active Member

Thanks all. Have reported it to the local highways department re the spill and my insurance company for the repairs. I know I'm lucky, could easily have ended up under the Range Rover to my left (was a right hand bend on a dual carriageway) but luckily was far enough past him before the bend.

It's just something you have to accept is probably going to happen at some point when you get a bike. Shame it was on my dream bike this time though.

5. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

Easily done but a bloody shame

6. 1000rr73

1000rr73 Active Member

Hi, sorry to hear that for you bud. Hopefully you'll have the bike back in time for the warmer weather.

I ride out the marina a fair bit and that is a seriously dangerous section of road. Even without the diesel, the fact it is an elevated flyover section means it gets really cold, the surface as you say is icy even when other roads are fine. I remember once being on the top deck of the multistory carpark and witnessing a lotus elise do a complete 360 on that section and smash into the concrete wall, all from about 20 mph.

I used to fear for the newbies doing their test from the test centre down the marina. My instructor had a few storys to tell me. Its really quite a dangerous stretch by all acounts.

Anyway, glad you're OK. Maybe hook up when youre back on the wheels?

7. Only1Matrixxx

Only1Matrixxx Active Member

Sorry to hear that mate!!! Glad you are ok!!

8. Plake

Plake Active Member

Just had an email confirming diesel spill on road and that they've dumped a load of kitty litter on it for now.

It's the first bend on an uphill after cars and vans brim their tanks. Broken/missing filler cap = litres of fuel sloshed onto the road. Feel pretty grumpy today about the whole thing but could have been much worse, quite right.

9. Jamiestrada

Jamiestrada JamieMultiTraitor

Glad they are sorting the reason for your off. At least you now know there was nothing you could of done and it was no fault on your part, my confidence was hit quite hard when I came off my bike in the wet.

Hope the Email helps with the insurance as well :)

10. BlackDevil

BlackDevil Elite Member

Sorry to hear this mate !

11. callumw

callumw Active Member

Sorry to hear about it bud :(

12. flurbs

flurbs Active Member

Sorry bud, glad you're ok though and I hope that you can go via the Motor Insurance Bureau (as mentioned by other people)

Submit a Claim

13. Bikefreak

Bikefreak New Member

Hope you can take comfort in the knowledge it weren't you fault mate! The joys of riding on the road eh.

14. Alblade

Alblade God Like

Fingers crossed once bike repaired to perfect you will also feel up for riding it again.

It will make you paranoid about corners after garages for ever more - I'm amazed its not become law to have a spring loaded 'flap' fitted to all filler necks as extra measure to stop this - how hard would that be to fit / install? Pushing fuel nozzel in would open flap, removing nozzle it would close pipe

• Like Like x 1
  15. Jamiestrada

Jamiestrada JamieMultiTraitor

16. lillywhites

lillywhites Active Member

Awful luck matey......hope it all goes well with repair and possible compensation at the end.

17. 1000rr73

1000rr73 Active Member

Hi, coicidentally i just picked up an MCN from a couple of weeks ago and there was a question in the legal section about diesel spills and MIB claims. Summarising very quickly it basically says 2 conditions need to be met for a claim. 1) must be reported to police within 14 days (5 days if property damage is to be claimed) and 2) for a successful diesel claim via MIB, you must have sustained personal injury. It does also say that to claim for for property damage, not only must you have sustained injuries, but also that those injuries must have been significant. Hope that helps

18. Benn The Pig

Benn The Pig Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that fella at least your ok!

19. Plake

Plake Active Member

Just for a bit of closure, bike back yesterday after a month and a half at 4th Dimension having bits replaced/repaired. Total cost £4k.

Overall they were OK but a bit slow with parts on order for over a month etc. Good communication when pushed but not a lot without me calling them first.

Went for a 150 mile run today into London, through and out again. Bike feels OK, no wobbles. Apparently the front wheel was fecked which was the cause of the post crash massive vibrations.

Lost my excess and no claims. Insurance has more than doubled. Pisser. But all worth it when I got back on this morning in the sunshine :)

• Like Like x 1
  20. Si.

Si. God Like

Good news then.

Did you peruse a claim agonist the council etc???