Bike Cleaning - SDoc 100 is amazing!

Discussion in 'Maintenance' started by Rob, Feb 13, 2011.

1. gary1966

gary1966 Active Member

the wonder wipes are bril hadnt used them before reading on here, some people have said above about not using a water hose?? how do you clean you bikes??
    I light spray it with water then muc off and leave for 5 mins then a light spray again then just warm water with soft rag, then clean water again and use a shammie leather then polish after job done, white wheels i do separate with clean water and any chain lube etc i use wonder wipes.

2. Givover

Givover God Like

Perhaps meaning Jet wash Gary which is a no no .

3. gary1966

gary1966 Active Member

i wouldnt use a presure washer but cant see how you get dust/grit off your bike without the garden hose as if you just wash it with warm water and a sponge you are rubbing the dust/grit on to the plastics?? Just watched a video of the sdoc-100 and they are using a pressure washer :-( Garden hose ban here from 6/4/12 :-(

4. Givover

Givover God Like

I always use the hose even in the ban ,i just take the bike in the back garden, its all about moderation, plenty of water out of the hose but not out of a power washer sort of makes sense.

• Like Like x 1
  5. MrB

MrB God Like

Snow foam through a gilmour gun, rinse, muc off, rinse. Occasionally have to use a sponge not often and try not to. Dry with Sonus towel whilst running bike up to temp. Mr Sheen on wheels, good at removing chain lube. Bit of brake cleaner through calipers and clean discs.

Paraffin to clean chain, Wurth dry lube.

Use a cleaner like Zymol HD cleanse followed by some Zymol Concourse (a tub I've had for a few years) or the muc off polish

ACF-50 for the shiny metal bits or a coat of WD to add a shine and lube switches etc.

Might give this s100 stuff a try when current supplies run out.

I enjoy cleaning the bikes, bit of piece of quiet enjoying the sun (if there is any) misses supplying coffee or beer and bacon sandwiches. Perhaps a BBQ and relaxing in the afternoon admiring the hard work, happy days.

6. gary1966

gary1966 Active Member

Some of my mates are what i would call anal about cleaning, i cant be doing with it my bike is clean but i dont lay on the floor and get in every nook and cranny. I no people who use cotton buds and use a straw to blow water out of water traps thats not for me but i do like a clean bike and must admit am struggling with these white wheels lol look the tits but jesus they need washing after every ride.

7. Garyb

Garyb Moderator.
    Staff Member

They use a straw?
    That's going to take ages mate, get them to buy a compressor. Mint for blowing off out all the little places that water finds itself.
    I feel for you with the White wheels. Had them on my GSXR nightmare :eek:

8. MrB

MrB God Like

Oooh yeah there's anal then there's anal. If I can't see the dirt then it doesn't bother me, I'm not into removing fairings and all that can't be arsed. They are meant to be used so are going to get dirty but I'm shallow so like the shiny bits looking shiny.

9. JD

JD Active Member

White wheels are a pain, but the Honda ones are easier than those on Gixers which had a sort of dimpled surface and were a right pain to clean. Hosepipe ban is gonna be a pain also, tbh I think I'll be using more with buckets than I would with a hose, but I hear penalties are going to be more severe this time, so won't be taking any chances.

10. Pinkster1000RR

Pinkster1000RR Active Member

Yep white wheels are a pain, but i use Paraffin and they come up lovely, only take 5 mins a wheel......But when i take her out in the damp....all the 10 mins of hard work has gone in an instant!!!
    But it's a small price to pay though.....as i'm a great lover of white wheels...(when they are clean lol)

Jay

11. gary1966

gary1966 Active Member

i dont mean the whole bike with a straw lol i have used my electric leaf blower on other bikes lol rear wheel is fine to clean its the front thats a pain as i cant get my hands in very easy with the discs, another bug for me is that i always clean the bike up on paddock stands bike all nice and clean and dry let it of the paddocks on to the side stand poxy water runs out all over the bike.

12. Dave-uk

Dave-uk Active Member

We use Sdoc 100 on our bikes Rob, it is good stuff. You can adjust the spray to, Jo found this out painfully and i was spraying it while we were cleaning her bike using a wide spray then i turned the nozzle and it cam out in a jet, it went straight in Jo's eye, she said it hurt D'oh:D

13. phantomx0_1

phantomx0_1 Active Member

Iron X and autobrite tardis is my cleaning products of choice the. Some snow foam followed by a rinse wash and dry before commencing with polish sealant and wax!

14. Hudson

Hudson Active Member

Is Parrafin ok for the o rings in the chain ?? Also i find ACF-50 excellent for getting lube off the back wheel.

15. bazzoka830

bazzoka830 New Member

I foudn Sdoc a few years ago through an ex who worked at HG, that stuff is fantastic, and better than anything else i've used, only thing that comes close is Autoglym products.

I'll happily pay the price for Sdoc knowing how easy and good the stuff is, also found that the Autoglym engine degreaser is awesome for general build of grease, spray on dabble with a brush, and rinse off, i used it to clean up the NC30 during rebuilding it.

ITs awesome!!!

Anybody know any suppliers, if we drum up enough interest off here we might be able to get a deal?