Blocking the pair valve for dyno run?

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by Blade runner 1, Mar 14, 2017.

1. Blade runner 1

Blade runner 1 Elite Member

Is there an easy way to block or clamp the pair valve intake hose, or does the tank and air box have to come off.

• Like Like x 1
  2. tuktuk

tuktuk Elite Member

I was going to post on this soon as would like to get mine done before this season.

Does it have to be done for a dyno run?

3. GappySmeg

GappySmeg Well-Known Member

Yes it does have to be blocked for a dyno run, otherwise the air-fuel readings are garbage.
    I've heard that experienced dyno operators can clamp off the hose without having to remove anything... i couldn't work out how that's possible but i suppose it depends what tools (clamps) you have available.
    To do it properly & permanently is only an hour or so of work... costs peanuts too.

4. sulaco

sulaco Active Member

Am I wrong in saying that you only need to do this if using autotune? I'm sure I read somewhere if using pc3 without o2 sensor pair valve doesn't matter.

5. GappySmeg

GappySmeg Well-Known Member

Ooh, not sure now... i always thought it was because the dyno operator will measure the AFR externally using a probe inserted in the exhaust (ooo errr missus)

6. Slick

Slick Elite Member

The hose is under the box so in most cases its tank off. Maybe you can access the valve side of the hose from the side but just to clamp?
    I blocked mine off by jamming in a marble done in minutes.

As said it needs to be blocked during a dyno run or if using a wide band sensor such as an autotune.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Jez

Jez Senior Member

on a dyno run they put a probe up the exhaust then adjust fueling untill right. if it has the pair valve open this will alter the readings so they will not get the right reading. if after the dyno you are not using the 02 sensor the pair valve will make no difference as it only puts air into the exhaust to burn unburnt fuel.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. tazmania_1981

tazmania_1981 Active Member

i saw on you tube as well for Bazzaz self mapper they said if this is not done reading will not be accurate

i thought i liked the pop before but started to hate it now.

bought self mapper for not to go to dyno but seems like the only option

9. Blade runner 1

Blade runner 1 Elite Member

Finally got my bike on the Dyno, decided to block the hose myself to save time on the day. The hose is only accessible by taking off the tank and air box. Not massively difficult just have to take care.