Braided hoses rubbing fairing

Discussion in 'Maintenance' started by Trackit, Nov 23, 2019.

1. Trackit

Trackit Active Member

I've fitted some Goodridge front braided hoses on my 2014 model, the dual race ones with the double master cylinder banjo bolt. The hoses are rubbing on the air intake fairing when I turn the handlebars full lock, the issue seems to be not getting enough clearance with the front brake micro switch in the way. Anyone else fitted these with issues?
    IMG_2430.JPG IMG_2429.JPG IMG_2431.JPG

2. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Is that the right kit? The caliper connection of pic three looks to be a different bend angle and inconsistent with the other caliper. :confused:

Those of us who have fitted HELs etc, would usually loosen the master cylinder junction and allow the hoses to find their own place of 'free movement'.

3. mk3golfcab

mk3golfcab Elite Member

I can’t help Unfortunately however I did notice that on dean Harrison’s tt bike the braided hoses also fouled the fairing. Is it just how race ones go?

4. mk3golfcab

mk3golfcab Elite Member

And after that completely useless post think I need to sign off for the evening :eek::D

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Trackit

Trackit Active Member

You are right about the 3rd picture, the hose angle is different and does look odd, if I swop the ends around then the braided hose is in the way of the caliper retaining bolt meaning I cant get a socket in to remove the calipers. I've never battled with braided hoses like this before which is why I thought I would check if anyone else has fitted goodridge.

6. Jez

Jez Senior Member

Not much help but you want to try fitting the HEL ABS kit. Nightmare

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Slick

Slick Elite Member

Try Brembo RCS and ABS hels, that's major fiddle too