Brake help please

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by -steves-, May 28, 2015.

1. -steves-

-steves- Active Member

I recently purchased a couple of brake hoses for my 2010 non abs blade.

My bike is per as option 3 and I would like to change it to the option 1 (See picture below).

Other than the hoses what do I need to do to change them over? I have new copper washers x 10. I am thinking I need a double banjo bolt but not sure if its 1.0mm thread or 1.25 mm thread. Do I need anything else?

Attached Files:

2. ShinySideUp

ShinySideUp Elite Member

I am pretty sure the line you posted up in your pic are for a race setup which would be as you call it option 2 in second pic. Normally in a race setup one of the lines is about an inch to 2 inches shorter than the other, shorter of the two lines goes to the caliber directly below the MC and the longer line to the other.

If you were trying to change it to the option 1 as you specify you would need a set of lines that have been created with that setup for your bike in mind, ie made to over the mud guard setup lengths for your bike model.

3. -steves-

-steves- Active Member

Sorry, I meant option 2, a typo from me I am afraid, and yes one line is slightly longer than the other. My bad :oops:

Do I need anything other than a double banjo on the master cylinder and new copper washers?

If so are they 1.25mm thread or 1.0mm thread?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Great Guy

Great Guy Well-Known Member

I have done option 2 on my 2008 blade. It is straight forward. You do need the double banjo bolt, all standard sizes, which I can't remember; see manual etc.You don't need anything else.

5. Slick

Slick Elite Member

M10 but if you have the OEM MC then 1.25mm, Brembo then 1.0mm

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. -steves-

-steves- Active Member

Awesome, thank you and now ordered :)