Brake line routing

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by ChrisOzzz, Oct 6, 2013.

1. ChrisOzzz

ChrisOzzz Active Member

Hi all,
    I like the idea of putting some braided lines on my bike (2012 non ABS) I know there has been post about this before but no real mention of the benefit or drawback of different routing type.. so

Is there a difference in feel or an advantage to the two different line routings with the braided lines, by that I mean two full length or the over the wheel or original route?

are there any rubbing/ routing issues with either?

Thanks

Ozz

2. sinewave

sinewave God Like

Racers and Track Dayers prefer two full length lines from the MC to each caliper.

Road Bikes tend to go with one line from the MC to a marshaling block and then two equal(ish) shorter lines to each front caliper

• Like Like x 1
  3. t0m541

t0m541 Senior Member

When I put braided lines on my Suzuki I went for the two equal lines from MC to callipers and could not get a decent lever so I changed it to one line to r/h calliper then second line from there to l/h calliper and got a real solid lever.
    However when I put braided lines on the blade I went with the single line to r/h calliper etc etc as per the Suzuki and found the lever travel is really poor, almost to the grip, despite multiple attempts at bleeding the lines, but then I have since read on here that the Blade suffers from poor m/c displacement as standard with Brembo M/C from a Yamaha R1 '06 on being the preferred upgrade.
    IMO when you order you braided lines, go for the two separate line option, that way you can still try the single line and over the mudguard method if the two lines are giving poor performance.

• Like Like x 2