Brake upgrade

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by Will, Feb 5, 2018.

1. TheMickster

TheMickster Active Member

Not sure why they routed them that way. not had it that long do still a few bits to sort out, bought it as a track bike and putting it back to road trim, but so I can easily change it back for track days.

Last main job to get it back on the road is to modify a belly pan as the headers are off a race bike and are a bit bigger than standard.

• Like Like x 1
  2. TheMickster

If I ever sell it the standard wheels would go back on, so you're first in line :).

3. TheMickster

:(, where did you get the rear HPK set-up from?

Are the Nissins only available to race teams?

4. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

That doesn't sound like a 5-minute fix. I guess a cut and fibreglass job, or is there a specific replacement available from aftermarket suppliers?

5. TheMickster

I've got all the original fairings but bought a cheap spare belly pan on eBay (turned out to be in really good condition).

It the cutout at the bottom which isn't wide enough so should get away with just triming it a bit. might need an extra bit of heat protection on one side too.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Dave dunlop

Dave dunlop Elite Member

The rear Brembo HPK kit came from Mode Performance. And the Nissin callipers and M/C is only available exclusively to race teams unfortunately :(