Breakfast with the old man

Discussion in 'Pictures & Videos' started by mk3golfcab, Sep 23, 2019.

1. mk3golfcab

mk3golfcab Elite Member

DFEDABE6-EB7C-4C79-A90D-C2165E0F207E.jpeg went for a spot of breakfast with my dad yesterday,

Overall a nice ride, the blade has really helped rebuild my confidence since the off, nothing spectacular to report but thought I’d throw a pic up

• Like Like x 5
  2. mk3golfcab

mk3golfcab Elite Member

I do love the amount of attention she gets, that’s my dad’s newish Z900RS and the blade took all the compliments whilst sat outside the cafe. Not bad for an 8 year old bike!

3. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Ah, the 'old' Z900. Blew the Hondas into the weeds for quite some time. Certainly cleaned up in the Australian 'Production Bike' races. There were two brothers (Crawford) who campaigned them and consistently ran first and second in both production and open class races.

The HRC looks great in that pic. Makes me wonder why I put Castrol fairings on mine. Caught by another of my whims I suppose.:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  4. exuptoy

exuptoy Elite Member

Love the look of the Z900 but they do need spoked rims.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. mk3golfcab

mk3golfcab Elite Member

The old one was my dad’s first bike as a born again biker in the mid nineties, mid 70’s bike imported from the USA iirc. Beautiful bike after a few years he sold it on to replace with a triumph trophy! It only went a few doors down from us but was stolen a couple of months later. Saw a restored one at Krazy horse the other week for sale commanding a £17k price tag!

I do love the HRC fairings but I do want to rothmans rep it with a Chinese fairing kit too, more specifically for track days

6. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

7. mk3golfcab

mk3golfcab Elite Member

Yes those are the ones I’ve been thinking of getting. Heard good reviews about Auctmarts to be honest, and I think with the white wheels will look good! And I’m less likely to cry if I bin it with them on.