Breaking News -Lorenzo/Honda

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by nigelrb, Jun 5, 2018.

1. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

Only poissed to sign at the moment. Any other sources confirming it?

2. Kevin1

Kevin1 Elite Member

where does that leave crutchlow?

3. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Poised to announce- not poised to sign. Fair call though, nothing from Honda or Lorenzo management.

Of course you're not suggesting that media would lie to the public?;)

Still picking gravel out of his leathers in the LCR team!:rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

Now confirmed on motogp site.

I did hope Crutchlow may be given a chance but always thought it would most likely go to an upcoming or Spanish rider.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Odium-fr

Odium-fr Active Member

Damn... I don't like Marquez... But I really don't like Lorenzo...
    I must admit they are two great riders, but both have an oversized ego, and make me want to slap their head each times I see them on screens XD

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  6. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

I suspect you're a strong follower of Zarco.;)

Have you ever watched any of the Marquez documentaries?

I have always found him to be rather modest and give credit to his team and sponsors. Perhaps a bit of egotism comes with the territory, but he's never seemed over-the-top (to me at least).

Just shows how our opinions will always vary:).

• Like Like x 1
  7. Odium-fr

Odium-fr Active Member

I'm not a real follower of Zarco, even if I must admit I was disapointed when he fell at Le Mans... Actually, I'm not the kind of person that follow or admire somebody... I love motorsports more because of the material side than riders.

But I've seen documentaries of Zarco and I must admit he looks like a really kind person.
    I've also seen documentaries about Marquez. He seems to be a very hard worker. I always admit he is the best rider today. His skill on his RCV is just unveliveable... He does what he wants when he wants with his bike! I think he is just unbeatable today, and if he is, it's certainly because he has the modesty to say to himself "you must never stop working in order to stay on the top, nothing is acquired forever".
    BUT I think he feels a little untouchable, because of his talent and his nationality (Dorna...) And you can feel it from time to time... Maybe the youth... I don't know...

But Lorenzo, it's another story XD

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ian63

Ian63 Active Member

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Ian63

Ian63 Active Member

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. Mattie660

Mattie660 Elite Member

I bet they will be having a laugh at Ducati !

Ducati: we sold him - pass the Asti round ! hahahahahaha :D

Ducati: where is he going - Honda - even better - hahahahahah :D

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

I personally think it's great news, always followed Lorenzo since his 250gp days and I thought he was an amazingly talented rider then as I do now!

Was jumping up at down in the lounge when he won on Sunday with my Lorenzo replica lid sat by my side and I'm not ashamed to say I held it aloft when he crossed the finish line.

Bring it on I say, he's easily one of the best rider's out there. Also I don't give a shit about his apparent bad attitude or arrogance, that's a load of bollocks and everyone just says it because other people say it. Truth is no one has ever met him!! even the BBC sport guys all say he's great to have in the paddock and they should know! Fully deserved this ride for Lorenzo, he's had a shit time like most on the Ducati but now he's done what many (even Rossi who is my other favourite rider from way back) couldn't do and has proven his worth! Just sayin :D

At least my helmet will match my Honda now haha.....hmmm May be a repsol next? :)

• Like Like x 4
  12. Gravel trap

Gravel trap Senior Member

I fully respect his tallent but im not a lorenzo fan. Hondas spanish super team will be interesting to watch. I sense a fall out at some point. I do wish cal had been given the chance but he likes lcr they do him and hopefully more hrc support in the future.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Kevin1

Kevin1 Elite Member

I think all these contract changes so easy in the season affects the quality of racing. After all what incentive does JL have now?

14. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Hey, Kevin. The guy is a racer. It doesn't matter if he's contracted to Ducati or The Queen, he has the PERSONAL incentive to achieve. In fact, perhaps more so now, because I believe he'll be in the 'I'll show you bastards' mode. Also, he would want to telegraph to Honda that they've got good things a comin'. ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Kevin1

Kevin1 Elite Member

I'm not so sure. We always get that "Racer" nonsence wheeled out. There's racing and there's RACING. I think we'll get the racing. Don't forget these guys are putting their lives on the line, why bust a gut when you don't have to? But to be fair to JL he did make the effort to win when he obviously knew there was a good chance he'll be riding Hondas next year. If you take the pessimistic outlook then you can't be disappointed.

16. raphael

raphael Elite Member

I think the Honda doesn’t suit lorenzo’s style at all and he’s definitely not a racer as such as put 2 or 3 riders around him and he bottles it and goes backwards. He’s proven he can only ride when straight out at the front.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

I'm sorry but you don't become a multiple world champion in the toughest class in motorcycle racing without being a RACER! Not to mention two 250gp titles and wins in all three classes?!!

This business about him only being able to win/ride from the front has only come about since he's been at Ducati, no one ever said that about him before. Yes he's not been able to work his way up the field during races but he's led races for 10 laps or so this season and yes I agree he has always dropped back down the field after that but let's remember this is his second season on the Ducati and he's led races and now he's actually won.......by 6 seconds might I add, which is as much as anyone could hope for on that bike!

How many seasons has Dovi been on this bike now.....5 years? and all of his wins on that bike came last season (and one at the end of 2016) which was a massive surprise to us all. Before that he was nowhere to be seen for many years. If Iannone hadn't skittled so many riders in 2016 it would have been Dovi that got the boot that season!

What I'm trying to say is.....it's the bike that has proven time and time again to be the problem and no one has ever truly been able to master it apart from Stoner back in 2007 over 10 years ago and even he struggled for the next two seasons. Some riders have jumped on it and done really well this season like Miller and Rabat. Petrucci has ridden it well for the last couple of seasons also. But Lorenzo has actually WON on it so in my book if he can do that he can win on anything and I'm sure he'll show that next season!

He admitted in an interview with Suzy Perry last weekend that its been a difficult two years and he doesn't actually need to do this, he can have anything he wants in life so his incentive is not money, it's a desire to win and that was proven on race day! I suggest any Lorenzo doubters get them selves a moto gp dvd box set from......let' say 2006 onwards and then come back the this thread in a couple of weeks! Enjoy :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Alan-lee

Alan-lee Active Member

I didn’t read the whole thing as I’m currently on the pints haha but I do agree..

If you can ride a Ducati and win you can win on anything (factory)

Although throw in the fact that Mugello has the longest front straight, Ducati’s top speed and overall power advantage, Mugello is a much smoother track with no real stop turn and squirt corners which definitely benefits the Ducati and riding. Style of Lorenzo I doubt we’ll see another Lorenzo win on a Ducati this season.

To the next point of Lorenzo on a Honda, typically known to be a stop and squirt motorcycle and terrible on tyres and front tyres in particular, this will not be like riding the favoured rookie bike of Yamaha which in Lorenzo’s term was perfectly set up for his style of carrying lots of corner speed without destroying tyres. Over the past 5 seasons with Marquez at the helm how many non Marquez Honda riders have won? Id put a bet on less than 10. That’s because Marquez is able to tame the beast and save the un savables. I can’t see Lorenzo doing this and it will be Lorenzo in 10th to 20th for 2 seasons.

Lastly, this silly season carry on is ridiculous, nearly as bad as football managers, don’t perform in the first season and even if you do in the second your still booted out lol don’t agree with it

19. raphael

raphael Elite Member

Each to there own mate and some valid points,yes you don’t become a world champion by chance so credit were it’s due, if you look back through his career and you will see the same thing, from the front from the start! Put 2 or 3 riders around him with a firm overtake and he drops like a stone! he won on the fastest track on the fastest bike that no one could get near, from the front from the first corner! But like I say, each to genre own