Breaking News -Lorenzo/Honda

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by nigelrb, Jun 5, 2018.

1. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

To be quite honest, and this may surprise you all......Lorenzo is not even my favourite rider, Rossi is and always will be!

You've got to love Lozzy's Photoshop skills though!!

• Like Like x 2
  2. Spygoat

Spygoat Well-Known Member

Lorenzo is brushing up on his "economics" while lounging on a nude beach...with his mates. JLO99.jpg ..

3. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

That was a more impressive performance by him. Still don't class him a a racer though, he needs a lot more performaces like that and withstand some roughing up first:p

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

The big question now: Will he adapt to the Honda during off-season?

Edited to say: I'm now wondering whether Ducati/Lorenzo management might try to reneg on the Honda deal?

#84 nigelrb, Aug 12, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

Huh?? .....Lorenzo and Marquez swapped places over 10 times during that race, if that doesn't count as duffing each other up I don't know what is??

Hodgy put it correctly.......he out dogged the ultimate dog fighter!!!

He's not new to this, he's been doing it for years!!! We're never gonna agree on this are we, but I'm happy to keep proving everyone wrong as I'm sure Lorenzo is!!! :eek:;):D

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Spygoat

Spygoat Well-Known Member

I was impressed with Jorge's tenacity. he did not give up. Marquez is a scrapper, a fierce competitor and rather gracious when bested.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. Alan-lee

Alan-lee Active Member

I can hold my hands up and say..

I was wrong and Lorenzo has been incredible on that Ducati since mugello!

I am glad he is going to Honda next season though as I think he’d be unstoppable next year with a bit more development on the ducati

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

I couldn't have put it better myself @Alan-lee.........well, I could actually and have done in previous posts haha!!:D;):)

• Like Like x 2
  9. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

10. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Thanks for that @Lozzy. Always good to keep abreast of this stuff. I'm actually surprised that Jorge himself didn't send the link to @PauloHRC !:D

Anyway, Ducati's reaction smacks of 'sour grapes'. What a patronising bunch coming out with 'we gave him what he wants' when it had been reported for months that JL had been seeking various refinements, NOT improvements. And this: "We have given Honda a great rider, but he will remain a friend forever." Given? Whilst I do not know whether JL jumped or was pushed, this was hardly a case of Ducati handing over their contracted rider to another team.

And what about 'letting' JL do post-season testing? My view is that they couldn't WAIT to get rid of him. Of course they'ds let him test because they believed he was a crap rider!!

I think this is a massive face-saving publicity gimmick by Ducati and I truly hope JL rubs their nose in it next year. And as I have said all along, I am sure he will. There will be only a small learning curve for the Honda would resemble Yamaha more than it does Ducati, AND from November to March is ample time to familiarise himself with the RCV. What he does for the remainder of this year merely rubs salt into Ducati's wounds!

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

Great link shared there @Lozzy thanks!

I do think Ducati were a little hasty in making it public they were looking to replace Lorenzo and showed a little impatience. But I also think Jorge would have been thinking he can't do another season at Ducati even earlier.

If both sides had shown more patience in the early part of this season and when his results started to come in as they have, the outcome would have been very different and he would have been a genuine title contender for Ducati in 2019.......Hell he may even become a title contender this season yet!!! Imagine that if it goes down to the wire???

What ever happens it was meant to be as is everything in life......'everything happens for a reason' my motto in life and what keeps me optimistic :);)

Woah there Paul.....getting a bit deep there lad!!:D:D

• Like Like x 2
  12. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

With 200 points still up for grabs (8 races) There is merit in your thought process. I have no doubt JL will overtake Rossi for second, but I think Marquez will need a couple of non-finishes to see a down to the wire challenge. Different story next year though!!;)

• Agree Agree x 1