Brembo clutch perch...... or is it?

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by FirebladeRR, May 18, 2017.

1. FirebladeRR

FirebladeRR Active Member

Hi all. Quick question if I could get clarification on. Purchased a clutch perch last week and received it in the mail. Wasn't in a brembo box and that immediately got my spidey senses going. After a few probing question to seller was told that brembo doesn't make clutch perches at all and just do the lever. In all fairness after looking at our conversation, he never called it a Brembo item.Can anyone please verify this info before I respond. Thank you.

2. Dave dunlop

Dave dunlop Elite Member

That's incorrect.... they do make a clutch perch for 2008 onwards (cable operated) can't confirm the model before with hydraulic clutch.

3. FirebladeRR

FirebladeRR Active Member

Model before definitely had a brembo original product. I had one. With this one, seller is telling me they are made by Mode performance and that brembo only make the lever but not perch. If someone has one please provide images. Going to tak images of this one to compared. Thank you. Also if yours came in a brembo box/with card and all please provide. Want to go back to him with all this.

4. Dave dunlop

Dave dunlop Elite Member

Mode are a main distributor for Brembo and they will confirm that the Brembo clutch perch is made by Brembo, I've personally seen a couple of the units from new, including box and card and the unit with the Brembo logo on the clamp side.