BT box lost MotoGP series link

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by Kevin1, Nov 4, 2018.

1. Kevin1

Kevin1 Elite Member

Did anyone else's BT box lose the series link for MotoGP? I'm assuming it was because they changed to start times of the races. Luckily I noticed before I went to bed.

2. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Yep. Was friggin' spewin'.

Fortunately I woke early after having a nightmare about running out of Mr Sheen. Went downstairs to watch some racing and saw the record light not on. Turned on TV and was on last 4 laps of Moto 2. Stayed up then to watch the rest, checked my stock levels of polish, and enjoyed the rest of the morning.

I had not considered it was the re-scheduling that threw it out, but that makes complete sense Kevin.

3. hitch

hitch Elite Member

I've got a few days left of BT Sport.
    I think they are massively overpriced due to the ridiculous amount of money they spend on football they've jacked up the subscription to the point now they want nigh on £30 a month (for me at least).
    I've since cancelled and my subscription will end in Nov 16th.
    I'll be getting an IPTV sub for my footballing needs and a Dorna pass for the racing.

Twats; means I wont be able to record the racing but I'm guessing that the video pass enables viewing anytime (video on demand)?

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

I know much of this has been discussed on another BT thread, but I too am concerned about the escalating price. For the money we're paying (and I also have BT broadband, home phone and mobile) we should also get Formula 1). I don't see why I should be paying for a 'sports' package and then have to pay extra for F1 via Sky. Channel 4 does about 8 live broadcasts per year with the rest screened anywhere from 8pm to 11 pm. I'm hoping Virgin or Talk Talk might offer the whole shebang. I've made a note to get this sorted before next year's series of Love Island.:D

5. SimonRR

SimonRR God Like

Video pass is great, watch the full race, practice and quali when ever you want, use the no spoiler link to not see any results before hand too, well worth the money, Now if only they would add a 4k feed it would be perfect :D

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Spygoat

Spygoat Well-Known Member

Agreed, I watch with VideoPass as well. GP racing coverage is shite here in the US.

7. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Does ESPN have it on cable or pay TV? I can't imagine Dorna would miss opportunities in The States - unless they're asking WAY too much for the rights.

8. Spygoat

Not that I've ever found. I used to get an IPTV hack to work but it became too much of a bother so I ponied up for the VideoPass subscription and could not be happier.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. dgr

dgr Active Member

I've tried the off season Video Pass and the quality was a bit hit and miss. Plenty of stuttering on old races that made me wary of a live feed. If it has improved I might give it a go.

10. Spygoat

Live feed is great for me. I have my laptop hooked up to my 4K TV, and though not a 4K feed, it is very nice.

11. SimonRR

SimonRR God Like

Yeah problem here with live feed or watching old videos

12. Mattie660

Mattie660 Elite Member

I like the Video Pass as well.
    As mentioned the No Spoiler option means you just choose from the items listed - Free Practice, Q1, Moto 2 - whatever. Also you do not have to spend the whole weekend in front of the TV. I even watch it on my Kindle when I am away. Good value really. Quality is fine. Will definitely get it again fro 2019.

13. Kevin1

Kevin1 Elite Member

I don't think BT Sport offer MotoGP in 4K anymore. Football has taken its place.
    BT tell me BT Sport is free with my broadband subscription.

14. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Holy crap!! I'm going to downvote BT!! I pay for mine as an add on to the Entertainment Package.:mad::mad:

15. gurner89

gurner89 New Member

Nice if that is the case! Mine is half price because I've got phone and broadband with them, as much as I hate having to pay for a phone number that I have no intention of using.

16. Kevin1

Kevin1 Elite Member

Following Sunday’s problems. My bt box won’t show terrestrial hd channels 101 etc. I’ve tried the usual turn it off and reboot, but no. It’s having a sulk.

17. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Yep, I can relate to that. It'll come good later though!:D:D

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Spygoat

Did a little research, we can get MotoGP races on BeIn Sports network, if it's available in your area. However, the knuckleheads at BeIn apparently did not account for the race time change and started the broadcast as Jorge Martin was celebrating the Moto3 championship. Some were a bit upset over that. I'm never home on the weekends so most races I watch once they've been run. I also have the MotoGP app and can watch all the videos and live feeds on my iPhone.

• Like Like x 1