BT Sport MotoGP,

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by dessp2, Jan 25, 2015.

1. dessp2

dessp2 Well-Known Member

I was strongly against paying for BT Sport so I could watch live MotoGP last season, but if I am honest it was torture. Unlike some people I could not keep off my phone to catch the results until the highlights programme on Monday night. I have for many years been a GP fan (not dissing WSB or BSB) and I need my fix, has anyone got it? Is it worth it?

2. lambchops

lambchops Elite Member

Same here, I managed with the downloads provided by Stevie but I think this year will bite the bullet and pay the £16 quid a month and cancel at the end of the season..

• Like Like x 1
  3. daz1

daz1 Active Member

if bt is your internet supplier and you have an iphone put the bt sport app on your phone its free if bt supplies your internet then get the apple tv box and stream it of your phone onto your tv it dosnt cost if you already the phone and tv box and bt

#3 daz1, Jan 25, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2015
  4. MrB

MrB God Like

Or use Chromecast for Android phones.

5. sinewave

sinewave God Like

I specifically changed my Internet supplier back to BT just so I got the free BT Sport.

Buying a £30 Chromecast Dongle for ya TV will then let you stream it straight from ya phone or tablet to a big screen.

Even better for me was that we have SKY also so all you have to do is key in your SKY viewing card number on to the BT Sport website and they then enable the BT Sport channels on the SKY package for free also.

I've found there's nowt really in it with the Broadband suppliers so may as well have BT and get the freebies with it, tiz a no brainer for me

• Like Like x 2
  6. Beckers

Beckers Elite Member

I decided to take the plunge and get BT Sport last year, once they sorted out the Moto GP presenters ( sent Mel Sykes to the jungle) the coverage is superb with hours to choose and lots of related shows.

#6 Beckers, Jan 25, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2015
    • Like Like x 3
  7. dessp2

dessp2 Well-Known Member

Thank you for the helpful comments!!! I have just recently rolled my TV/Broadband/phone to Sky so I think I am going to have to Man up/cough up!!! I am a bit of a geek you see and I love all the pre/post race stuff and interviews/analysis etc. the highlights programme was don't get me wrong helpful but if anything it made me want BT Sport even more.

• Like Like x 1
  8. SimonRR

SimonRR God Like

Yeah I took it up last year, was great and roll on this season, let's face it £4 a week is bugger all really;)

• Like Like x 2
  9. dessp2

dessp2 Well-Known Member

Very good point when you look at it like that. Here's me I blow £20 in the social club on a sat afternoon that could be a big saving in the long run as I could be home watching the Qualifying.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

I didn't want to go to BT as already had Sky TV, but in the end they offered a sweet enough deal on a broadband package that I was able to justify changing broadband providers.

Was a nightmare trying to avoid any MotoGP results before I switched to BT. BBC R4 and Honda UK twitter both managed to ruin my watching of the highlights by publishing the result.

11. GaryS

GaryS Active Member

I liked the old Eurosport coverage, but hated the hours lag til MotoGP in the last Euro season, as it went to BBC2, particularly as Steve P is such a dick but other than some slightly annoying features - like not getting it free anymore, it's really good coverage, the whole track gets well covered, super-slow- mo is astonishing, aerial is fantastic and the commentary is insightful- it's a bargain really. Give it a shot mate you won't regret it I'm sure. Can't wait for Qatar.
    GaryS

12. bradt

bradt Elite Member

BT sport still free on some of the Virgin cable packages.

13. RepsolPaul

RepsolPaul Well-Known Member

Couldn't live without Moto Gp, def couldn't do without Bt Sport now either, good viewing action slow motion shots and pre race reports and qualifying too.

Have it on my iPhone to on Fridays at work watching qualifying 1 , just perfect.

Don't miss a second of it again, sign up now.

14. rab

rab Well-Known Member

yip goin to subscribe this year missed out last season

15. Beckers

Beckers Elite Member

PS its even better in HD!

16. ShinySideUp

ShinySideUp Elite Member

You guys do realise the camera feeds (slo mo included) all come from dorna not btsport don't you?

The same dorna feeds go out to all the tv licensed channels for each country they then decide which cameras to use and when and add their own commentry then get sent to subscribers.

17. BladeJogger

BladeJogger Member

I don't have BT sport,do you have sign up for the usual 12 month contract or can I sign up for it from April to October then ditch it?

18. N_Collins

N_Collins Active Member

When I signed up last year I think I went from April through to November when I canceled!!
    Had to pay a connection fee (think it was £25)
    I might sign up again this year but ATM I use my stepsons login details on my iPad, not ideal but it works!!

19. Hudson

Hudson Active Member

If all manner of internet baddies can shut down Sony and cause havoc on the '' interweb'' then there must be some dodgy site showing the bloody thing.

20. sinewave

sinewave God Like

Showbox is King at the Mo!

Watched American Sniper tother night on the PC

• Like Like x 2