BT Sport

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Barstewardsquad, Oct 20, 2018.

1. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

Just cancelled mine yesterday. Out of contract so after the 30 days I won't need it until next season.

Don't know if BT are getting tighter on their offers but the guy didn't even bother trying the normal offers of 4/6 months heavily discounted etc., and when he moved on to phone and broadband which also end next month the best he offered was no increase.

Well that and saying everyone else was rubbish and didn't fix things as quickly. He didn't like it when I pointed out that EE and Plusnet were cheaper and were owned by BT, and that Openreach was now a separate entity. So guess with twats like that I will change broadband provider and get the MotoGP app for next season.

Still with what I save I can go to Sky for Broadband and Phone and get Sky Q as well.

2. Spygoat

Spygoat Well-Known Member

They're all rubbish.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Kevin1

Kevin1 Elite Member

My bt is fine. I'd like fibre 2 but they can't offer it in my area yet.
    Although to be fair they made a right balls up when we moved, but I've forgotten that now, haven't I? Maybe not.
    I'll probably stay with them but they'd better have some decent offers on.

4. hitch

hitch Elite Member

You may want to look at one of the IPTV providers?

I was sceptical until I tried it but for a third (or less) of the monthly cost you can get IPTV that will give you not only BT Sports but just about every sports channel plus nearly ALL domestic and foreign satellite channels that exists.

It’s soooo easy, download an app to phone/iPad/smart TV add the details provided and you’re off and running.

5. hitch

hitch Elite Member

You may want to look at one of the IPTV providers?

I was sceptical until I tried it but for a third (or less) of the monthly cost you can get IPTV that will give you not only BT Sports but just about every sports channel plus nearly ALL domestic and foreign satellite channels that exists.

It’s soooo easy, download an app to phone/iPad/smart TV add the details provided and you’re off and running.

6. Kevin1

Kevin1 Elite Member

Whilst I appreciate this sort of thing is tempting. It’s not really sustainable is it?
    I await the downvotes. I could knock you off the top spot with this one @Lozzy.

7. Wozza

Wozza Elite Member

I am happy with Sky Q just st added sports for £15 a month worth it as the weather gets worse....plus in Dec Saints are on 4 times so better the 45 quid a time in going .....if there was a atmosphere I would go but ithey just sit there half dead....will go to the occasional game ....

8. Kentblade

Kentblade God Like

Just binned BT TV after a year of absolute crap service and crawled back to Sky.
    Managed to negotiate a 2TB Q box and everyth8ng except movies for £40 on 18 months

Bonus was BT refunded 12 months worth of TV subscriptions and paid some compensation as I had a deadlock letter from them. When I tried to add BT Sport to my Sky card as Instill have Infinity that wanted 12.99 so ditched that and will go to the pub if there’s anything on BT worth watching.

Bearing in mind I have spent a whole career working in the Telecomms industry and started with PO Telecomms as an apprentice, the standard of technical support and lack of expertise with their off shored technicians is enough to make you reach for the sick bag.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. paul1966

paul1966 Active Member

virgin Media fast fibre brand also just fitted the new v6 box with runs its own brand so doesn't share house so the likes of on demand / youtube is instant , not bothered about bt sport though only really Eurosport 2 for bsb wsk