Cadwell - 16th September. No Limits

Discussion in 'Trackdays' started by RichC, Jul 30, 2013.

1. robinh73

robinh73 Well-Known Member

Good man, as long as you can get the bike sorted out in time.

2. Muffking

Muffking God Like

Well I'm back from a great day (not quite so great weather), great learning curve and some great guys.
    A special thanks to Wedgie for taking me under your wing and of course sorting the tyre warmers, I may have been on the crash list without them.

I'm just sorting the pics, in the mean time here are the ones I loaded earlier.

YT after his mud bath.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

And Wedgie after his.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  3. RichC

RichC Active Member

Great shots Muff good to meet you! Did u get the thumbs up on park straight second session last lap??

4. robinh73

Gutted for Wedgie and YT, but at least they are both smiling. The damage looks pretty light really. Muff, glad you enjoyed the day, but you hopefully learned a great deal and more importantly had FUN, as that is what it is all about. Yes the weather looked and sounded to be a bit iffy, but put it down to great experience.

5. Repsol Rob

Repsol Rob Elite Member

Bloody ell Tyke...... its like reading about Evil Knevil all over again.............glad your unscathed though lad......... ! Did you get back out there ??

6. Yorkshire Tyke

Yorkshire Tyke Elite Member

Yeah got back out on wets 2 sessions later took 90 mins to make the bike rideable again. Managed 1.58 im wet so so. Got drys on for last session and did a 1.47 and managed not to get overtaken by anyone. Wish muff was still there photographing the mountain. Got some money to get the bike right, think im gonna put a standard rear frame and seat on it cos the 4 inch gap is startin to piss me off. Great to meet wedgie rich and muff all really nice genuine lads. We have a cracking forum here boys, best in the uk not just for bladers. Oulton on 2nd cant wait!!!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Muffking

Muffking God Like

As i'm not aware of anyone taking pics of my bike, here's one :)
    [​IMG]

One of little setups, Wedgie, me & Leeky.
    [​IMG]

Wedgie's Blade in the Hall Bends.
    [​IMG]

Full credit to Tyke who didn't let the spill spoil his fun.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And some bloke who came off in the rain (got a series of these).
    [​IMG]

I'm sure I got some of Rich too, was yours the plain green ZX?

8. Muffking

Muffking God Like

Good point, will check the vids 2mo before I get accused of spending too much time on bike stuff ;)

9. robinh73

Glad you are still buzzing Tyke, it really is the best thing ever ain't it. Not the crashy fally off bits, but hooning around a circuit on a bike. Fookin love it! I have discovered after going through 2 rear subframes that stick to standard. Much easier to find. Register on Motoforum and put out a wanted ad, you will honestly be surprised at the responses you get (hopefully). Got to say I agree with about this forum, top guys on here and genuine. So looking forward to Oulton, it should be epic!

• Like Like x 2
  10. Yorkshire Tyke

Yeah man just feel a bit robbed today was going well and being sensible and fuckin bike wasnt havin any of it. Feel like i didnt do anythinf wrong and still binned it but awell... if id of cocked up at charlies i wouldnt have gone head on into barrier id of slid out and stopped on grass

11. RichC

RichC Active Member

Thats the one. Lorenzo lid??

12. jamesm09

jamesm09 Senior Member

Glad to see you two are smiling after your crashes and your ok! How manys going to oulton on the 2nd? Ill check with work tomorrow to see if I can have the day off.

13. robinh73

Yep, Oulton on the 2nd for me.

14. robinh73

I know exactly what you mean about feeling robbed. My 2 crashes whilst racing really got to me, not just for the obvious reasons either. I wasn't pushing on either occasion, but the bike was just being a complete dick on its stupid standard suspension and tying itself in knots. The rest is history and a much lighter bank account. I am not saying I wasn't entirely at fault, but the bike's standard suspension didn't help. Did you know that a bog standard shock on an R6 costs Yamaha something like £35. Kind of speaks volumes that. Anyway YT, put it down to experience and lets fookin well rock Oulton!!!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Yorkshire Tyke

Mate ill be there whatever state the bike is in i will be on that track. Atleast the parkitt guy backed me up and set thats a very sticky throttle and the cable is so tight ive seen em jam before. Glad cos no one believed me haha. Scary shit though think id rather brake failure than stuck throttle i was accelerating still when i tipped it in lol

• Like Like x 1
  16. SIDEWAYS

SIDEWAYS Senior Member

YT as YorkshireTrike you need 3 wheels so you don't fall off.:D
    Joking aside you're ok with nothing broken.Bikes can be fixed, bones take longer and bloody hurt.
    Take it easy mate.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Yorkshire Tyke

I can appreciate the sentiment sideways and it would be a good name. Infact I think I was more sideways today (and into a barrier) than you are most days ;) I do however think that yorkshire trike resembles yorkshire bike, which could also insinuate that I have been well ridden and by more than one rider simultaneously. for now I'll stick with tyke thanks :)

• Like Like x 2
  18. wedgiewolves#223

wedgiewolves#223 God Like

What a cracking day lovely to meet everyone gaz cheers for the photos feel about bad about not getting any of you but I would of broke the camera or summat and its a tidy bit of kit ! . Mate you rode well its your first track day do it and do it some more . Tyke glad you got back out and don't let it dent that confidence which I know it won't . Rich get that starter fixed I'm fooked nice to see you .

Blade was flying 1st session was wet on lower section but I seemed to get on well with it let it slide and knew where to throttle off and power on . 2nd session dry patchy cold but managed a 143:1 but that was on lap timer on bike so won't be tissot timed

Dinner it lashed down so the r6 with wets was brought into action flooded track on the straights but held my nerve and got on well a super stock 675 came past me and I was holding on well to him and got a good pace going until I dropped into Mansfield and I knew I gave it too much and around the back come .

Not a major crash 30-40 mph but strangely I laughed while supermaning on the Tarmac .

R6 is fine and me

Cracking day with cracking people

• Like Like x 5
  19. Yorkshire Tyke

Lol sounds like quite a nice off that mate to say you managed to pose your favourite superhero as you slid it!! I wanna follow you next time man :)

20. RichC

RichC Active Member

My mate Adam also crashed cold tyre gooseneck :(

image.jpg