Cadwell May 18th

Discussion in 'Trackdays' started by Muffking, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Muffking

Muffking God Like

Inters with MSV.

Edit. Booked for May 18th.

#1 Muffking, Feb 23, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Muffking

Muffking God Like

Eventful day today.
    Started really well on the Blade, but unfortunately the radiator blew and ended the day for the Blade.

Borrowed a mates CB500 road bike for the 2nd session as my spare bike only had wets dohh!
    I boiled the front brake during an overtake and ran straight on at the hairpin with only the rear brake and down shifts to slow me down, which resulted in the rear locking up throughout the entire run off, almost dropping the bike on the grass. I tried turning the bike around, but the rear spun up on the wet grass and almost threw me off again.

Decided to put his dry wheels on my CB500 for the 3rd & 4th sessions. Had some great tussles with some big bikes.

It rained at Lunch, but went back to wets and did 1 wet session, before it dried and I couldn't be bothered to change both tyres back to drys, so spent the rest of the day with a dry rear and a wet front.

[​IMG][/url]

[​IMG][/url]

• Like Like x 2
  3. Trackit

Trackit Active Member

I'm at Croft on Friday, looks like rain & wind all day. I think I'll put the wets on now so it's ready for the day rather than messing about when I get there. It will be my 1st time on wets so should be intresting.

4. Muffking

Muffking God Like

Wets are a great confidence booster. Just watch the fast guys in the wet, you don't need to put the power down, just use them to maintain corner speed. You'd be surprised how grippy they are when you don't try to tear them to pieces under acceleration.

#4 Muffking, May 18, 2021
    Last edited: May 19, 2021