Cadwell OPL July 18th

Discussion in 'Trackdays' started by Muffking, Jun 29, 2018.

1. SimonRR

SimonRR God Like

Yeah she pulls well :D

2. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

Do you do little 'Whooohoo's' as you go past...:)....I would lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. SimonRR

SimonRR God Like

would do but can't speak due do to the G forces :eek::D

#83 SimonRR, Aug 24, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 2
  4. Muffking

Muffking God Like

Just downloaded this screen grab of some of the data from the day. Gives an idea of the pace in Inters.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  5. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

What a brilliant resource and means of charting improvements. A marked improvement of my days with stop watch and clipboard!

• Like Like x 2
  6. SimonRR

SimonRR God Like

I need that resource, looks good, where do you get it?
    also If you ring FE they will send you the transponder times, for a small fee :( should be free with the track day...

7. Muffking

Muffking God Like

Yes I noted that. They said that there was an 8 sec gap between slowest & fastest riders in Inters, but they don't give out timings during the day.
    My data is from the App http://racechrono.com/

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Whoa! Surely that's too much. The faster guys would be dodging hazards all the time. Granted, riders need the opportunity to practice and gain confidence, but shouldn't organisers perhaps drop them to the Novice until they're more confident?

9. TheMickster

TheMickster Active Member

The Novice, Inters, Fast concept kind of goes out the window after they adjust the groups based on times.

After the first two sessions everyone is just grouped on times (effectively just ranked and then fitted into the 3 groups). Some one is always going to be either the fastest or slowest in a group but each group only has a set number of places. Depends whos there on the day, you could end up with 3 fast groups if everyone there is really good :).

I think it works ok, but at each end you will have a few who could probably be placed in either. Not done any trackdays with the other providers that don't use the timing so not sure what they are like and if they end up moving anyone who picked the wrong group.

I imagine there would be similar gaps in all groups, as it's a trackday and not everone will be really consistent each lap. The lads in the fastest group in my garage probably had a difference of 7 seconds between them after listening to them talking about their times.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

8 seconds across a lap of Donnington shouldn't cause any problems. If someone is that much quicker then they should be used to overtaking people, and it will be a fair few laps before they needed to. Plus I would suspect that whilst there may be 8 seconds between fastest and slowest the reat will be somewhere in-between, so some 1-2 seconds slower and other 6-7 seconds.

What if the one 8 seconds slower is 10 seconds faster than the next group down?

11. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Good point, but I seed the debates. I don't answer them!;)

• Funny Funny x 1