Cadwell OPL Nov 9th

Discussion in 'Trackdays' started by Muffking, Sep 21, 2020.

1. Muffking

Muffking God Like

Open Pit Lane with MSVT @ £59.
    Guaranteed to be cold and possibly wet, but definitely a cheap day out.

2. Hondaboy63

Hondaboy63 Active Member

I done a Caldwell in Nov 3 years ago, with 2 mates. It took us 7 hours travel time. Wet, windy, downpour. We went out, 1 lap later, first guy had enough, after 5 laps, i lapped my mate, he exited, I done 4 more laps, We were the only ones on track. Packed up.
    7 hours home, and thought Knockhill isn't that bad. Good luck.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Muffking

Muffking God Like

It's hit and miss with the weather in November. I've done it the last 3 years and had 2 good ones, but it was November last year when I lost the back on the Blade o_O

• Like Like x 1
  4. Hondaboy63

Hondaboy63 Active Member

It defo is a hit and miss with the weather in november, but the air temp is still coldish, with track temp down you have less grip, just because you have heat in the tyres, it doesn't mean its all good. Hence the possibility of losing the grip on the rear tyre, last November.

5. Muffking

Muffking God Like

In this instance it's because it was wet and I grabbed a hand full of throttle on the exit of a chicane.
    Wouldn't have happened on the CB500, so I sold the wets from my Blade as I don't need two wet bikes ;)

• Like Like x 1
  6. dmc12

dmc12 Well-Known Member

Tempted to go to one of these Cadwell OPL days. Not ridden at Cadwell before, how feisty/busy is the track generally? On tracks I know I'm at the quicker end of inters but obvs will be taking it easy first time out at Cadwell. Wouldn't have thought it would be too big an issue but thought it was worth asking those who know!

7. Muffking

Muffking God Like

The best comparison would be to say that they are generally Inters pace, but with the occasional Fast group rider there too.
    I'm generally at the front of Inters to the back of Fast group, but If you look at the videos I posted in the Snetterton thread then you'll see only a few quick guys in the videos.

• Thanks Thanks x 1