Cadwell Park 27th march 2012

Discussion in 'Trackdays' started by bluekontakt2004, Dec 7, 2011.

1. bluekontakt2004

bluekontakt2004 Active Member

Cool mate, come say Hi,my bike wont be missable lol. Blue and silver rr5 roadbike.

come and say Hi. Will be with about 10 people.

[​IMG]

2. bluekontakt2004

Oh and in the paddock we normally hang out to the left as you go in on the back row. opposite the bogs. My mate will have his scruffl looking vw transporter van there, scuffy blue with a hamerite black roof.

3. r1monkey

r1monkey Active Member

i will come over and nick your tea

4. bluekontakt2004

My mate with the van is doing the sessioned day on monday too so will be camping. Im staying with a friend in lincoln so wont be there untill about 7am tuesday morning.

your welcome over for a brew :)

5. r1monkey

r1monkey Active Member

nice to put a face to a name , bloody cracking weather wasnt it ?
    these open pitlane trackdays are great ,but i am aching like a good un now.
    at least i had the comfort of my car to go back home in .
    we managed about 170 track miles over the day, god knows how the tt lads do it non stop for over 200 miles .

6. bluekontakt2004

was good to see you mate, although we only spoke breifly in the holding area when my mate caused a red flag on his first outing. his front wheel tucked going round charlies 1 because he chopped back the throttle and loaded the front wheel. his bike unfortunatly burst into flames.

I really need a track bike! riding my road bike really holds me back, especially as its my only form of transport. you can see it from my times.

consistant 2.01 laps and a fastest of 1.59.7 on my last lap of the day. sadly I had a hard landing after a massive wheelie out the chicane and all my video from the 4 time out onwards is corrupt. must have disslodged the SD card.

because I'm on my roadway bike I hessitate too much.

7. r1monkey

r1monkey Active Member

can t fault you for holding back , there are a lot of people on pure track bikes ,where it doesnt make a difference if you crash as it can all be carted off in a van.
    i wondered why there was a red flag , couldnt see anything on track when i went around, is his bike bad then?

8. bluekontakt2004

copied his post from another forum I use.

Bottom line, I buggered up

I pretty sore today, my torso is a rainbow today and got a pounding headache. My bike is need to be completely stripped down to check the burnt wiring and then re-built.

The visible damage so far :

fairings to to bottom
    top of air box cracked
    mullered fuel tank
    twisted sub frame
    burnt wires
    CF tip of exhaust - easily fixed
    bent fork bolt
    damaged traction control sensor

Thats all that I can see so far & have now sent the bike back to Mark to strip, assess, test & rebuild.

He is trusting me with this in the mean time

Suzuki GSXR 1000 K10 Race Bike

keiching my self but just want to get back on

I'm off for more asperin

9. bluekontakt2004

The fact is he was he was hitting coppice at 140 and had to manouver round a slower rider round charlies 1, Noticed he was drifting a bit wide and snapped the throttle closed. This loaded the front and the front let go. It rolled and hit the tank crushing it (with it being the first time out it was full) wich popped the seal on the filler and the petrol went on the hot engine and caught on fire.

The mad thing about it is he has just bought the bike for £8k and spent another £4.5k getting it setup. Its restricted to 196BHP with a rev limiter set at 13.6k rpm. without the limiter it was hitting 210 BHP on the dyno.

He is pissed off because he has his first race in 2 weeks at east fortune on the east coast of scottland.

10. r1monkey

r1monkey Active Member

ouch , that is the risk you take on track days though, i have seen plenty of pretty badly damaged bikes on track days, that is why i bought a couple of grands worth of gsxr1000 , the way
    i see it is that a new set of fairings on a new ish bike is going to be a grand, so why not just have a dedicated toy?
    £12500 in a track bike? he must be going into racing pretty seriously,what race series is he entering?

#30 r1monkey, Mar 28, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2012
  11. bluekontakt2004

Melville Motor Club Scotland |

His track fairings cost over a grand!! They are single weave carbon fibre!! and they are wrecked!!

this is him moments before disaster.

[​IMG]

12. bluekontakt2004

He was hitting 1.47 laps, His first time on that bike at cadwell and first time using dunlop Ntec slicks.

13. Kstead

Kstead Active Member

dohhh I went 26th with a couple of mates, i'd have done the both if i'd thought about it!!!
    1.47 on that!!!! I get the feeling im being wound up by my mates, Im doing 1.45 and they're telling me it should be good for high thirties!!!

14. bluekontakt2004

My mate is doing 1:44's on and old bus of a 929 fireblade.

that rr8 is restricted to 193BHP at the wheel. Cadwell is quite a technical track so its more rider ability than the bike ;-) Withought the restrictor it was hitting 210BHP!!

It has HRC everything!! It is an awesome bike!!