Cannonball Bike Run

Discussion in 'Touring' started by DannyBhoy, Jan 3, 2015.

1. DannyBhoy

DannyBhoy New Member

• Like Like x 1
  2. IcarusGreen

IcarusGreen Elite Member

Interesting but £2000 plus the cost of fuel, tyres, lunch, beers.

Looks like fun but I bet you could organise a similar blast with mates for a lot less.

3. DannyBhoy

DannyBhoy New Member

I reckon I spent over £1500 on my euro tour last year and this looks like a great experience with a massive group. I am keen to give it a try.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

Yeah been looking at this for years, and the dark dog rally that was in fast bikes recently. Both look epic.

As said, they are expensive and I've had some amazing tours organised by ourselves, but one day I'd love to do one of these as I think you couldn't capture what these have to offer due to numbers, organisation, luggage taken for you, and a bit of competitiveness etc etc...

Might be I wouldn't like it, as quite like the freedom and flexibility if you do it yourself... (Why I'd never use a tour company tbh) but still, would love to do it just so you know either way ;)

But too many things taking priority right now :(

5. Si.

Si. God Like

We where going to do it last year, but by the time you had paid for everything, it was near £4k! (inc lunches, fuel, insurances). And tha'ts sharing with someone...if you want single rooms, it's dearer.

We did 10 days, same routes inc all food, top hotels, train from Italy to Holland (the same that's adverised on the CBR), Train to calais and boat home from Holland and wines and petrol for £1400.

Don't forget, at the £1900 advertised on CBR DOESN'T include the train from Italy, that's another £350. So look at £2,400 plus fuel and insurances, lunches etc.... For 7 days. plus a single room supplement at £450, which takes the basic upto nearly £3k!

Do the same route and save a packet. We got the train for £120 each inc all drinks, brekkie, and 3 course meal at night with wine etc... those guys organising the CBR are making a packet.

6. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

^^^^ exactly why we always do our own thing, but I think they will offer a bit of an atmosphere you can't create or put a price on. But you need some serious spare cash to justify it.

Bet it'd be a blast IMO.

7. Si.

Si. God Like

It would be Jimbo, but the cost is astronomical for what it is. We have ummed and arred for the last 2-3 years about doing it, but the faff is not worth it. We certainly had a good enough time without the big gang. The other year was Morooco, but i heard that the police where a nightmare, with loads of arrests etc as it's advertised that a group of loons on bikes are invading their country. LOL.

8. Blackness

Blackness Active Member

Just entered ! Woop woop :D

• Like Like x 3
  9. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

Looked at the morocco one also! Irony is they went there as the police were 'cool'.

Totally agree with what your saying, I just fancy doing it one year, see what the fuss is about. And personally I think our have a blast and it'd be a different dimension on a normal tour

• Like Like x 1
  10. Alblade

Alblade God Like

so its a bit like a Jimbo style tour with a half day track day at some point ending up a beer festival with Barney joining to take some top notch photos

It will be a blast - my big worry would be the drink drive limit each morning and while I know its a small chance of getting stopped and checked after a couple of days in Scotland with the new 50mg limit it really makes you think about how much and how late you have had your last drink

11. Blackness

Blackness Active Member

[​IMG]

Anyone else coming, or is it just me representing the 1000rr gang ?!

• Like Like x 3
  12. cannonballer

cannonballer New Member

I've just caught up with the Cannonball chatter and as the organiser of the CBR I thought it might be useful to make a few comments. The CBR is not a race and there is no timing. It is tough, an average of 2500 miles on some of the best tarmac roads around. In the past 8 years the event has covered a total of almost 500,000 miles with a handful of speeding tickets - I have received the most and I usually drive one of the support trucks. By the way the police in Morocco were perfect and could not be more friendly and helpful - even blocking roads to let us cross towns. Each year over 50% of the riders are repeat and we even have people flying their bikes in from California to take part. This year the CBR is being staged in late September and with 7 months to go we already have only 9 places left. I know the CBR will not be for everyone but if you want to take part in this unique event then check out www.cannonballism.com for more info. Also, welcome aboard 'Blackness'.

13. Blackness

Blackness Active Member

Ah, brilliant, i was wondering if id ever make contact with anyone before i got out there ! Hopefully someone else will take the plunge off here and buddy up with me for the ride down !
    Tell me mate, do i ever get like an official entrance pack or anything as i have only receive a conformation email and one about taking payments o_O !?
    Cant wait to do the "Cannonballer Blackness, rides Europe" Video ;) haha

• Like Like x 1
  14. martinowen

martinowen Moderator
    Staff Member

You taking the blade or that bus you just bought?

15. Blackness

Blackness Active Member

My heart says Blade, my arse says bus ! Heart mostly wins ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Blackness

Blackness Active Member

You should put up a "hello", in the 'New Members' section Cannonballer ! Its the law ;)

17. cannonballer

cannonballer New Member

Morning and good to hear from you. Yes we will be sending out updates as we get closer to the event and you will also get a full Joining Pack with what to bring, what to expect, timings, schedule etc., about one month before. Anything else in the meantime just ask me or drop an email to the CBR at [email protected]. Hope you can get someone else to join but you will make plenty of new buddies on the Run.

18. Blackness

Blackness Active Member

Yeah, trouble is I'm one of them kids that parents ban their kids from going out to play with :(

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

Looks great. And I missed this when it was first posted.

20. Blackness

Blackness Active Member

Come on then son... Sign up ;)

• Like Like x 1