Can't Wait!

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Slick, Nov 11, 2012.

1. GappySmeg

GappySmeg Well-Known Member

Nice!

Where did you manage to get different size Pazzos? Every dealer I can find will only sell both short, or both long... none of them allow you to mix and match.

2. Slick

Slick Elite Member

Doble Honda, they give 20% off retail if you are member of HondaCB1000R.com and I believe the lever between a CB1KR and an RR07 are compatible, if you wait a bit there will be a genuine pazzos with black lever blue adjusters on sale very soon!

3. Hudson

Hudson Active Member

Don't just use this.... any sneaky owner would just clear away the tell tail signs before any future buyers visits.... i am not too sure what you could do, get the owner to start it up and rev it over a period of time to see if there is any smoke coming out of the end of the exhaust..... other than that i guess its a bit like russian roulette.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Hudson

Hudson Active Member

Nice CB1000R by the way, really nice (tastefull) mods and really like the overall look of the bike, just how did you find it during the commute.... i find my 954 can be a pain when trying to look over the cars or at least as far in the distance as possible ( which given its a sports bike i do understand is normal....). Have you had any build quality issues or any issues at all for that matter. Welcome by the way.

5. Slick

Slick Elite Member

Done nearly 20k on it in a year, for me its a perfect commuter. My journey is a mix of high speed motorway, twisties and serious filtering, CB takes all of this in its stride, very comfy, being a short arse I don't even have a problem with windblast at 130mph+ ( on a track of course!). Most folk have problems with the adjustably of the suspension as it seems to be designed for a rider around 70kg. Luckily I am about that so it only needed a bit of tweaking (mainly hardening it up) to get just right.

The only real issue I had was iffy fueling at low speed and cruising this was easily solved by the leo vince and a PCV, but in hindsight all I really needed to do was fit a lambda eliminator. This said ditching the anvil of and exhaust and Cat and replacing with something less restrictive really does open the engine up. Got it custom dynoed and now the torque curve is pretty much flat upto redline.
    Also because of the short wheel base and upright position it's a hard to get a wiggle on without the front launching to the sky. The tank could be bigger you get around 110- 120 to reserve.

The only other minor issues were down pipes that tarnish easily and the paint on the frame wearing through from my boots.

I'm silly really getting rid off because for me it is the perfect tool for my use but I need to own a Blade before I hang up me boots.

Jon

6. ddc

ddc Member

Hello mate, lovely bike there, good luck with the blade search ;)

7. Slick

Slick Elite Member

Thanks mate, I have infact just got back from the dealer and put a deposit on a minter 59 HRC. Its got 12K on the clock but got the dealer to give me a the big 12k service thrown in for a huge discount!. I also got them to buy my Leo off me for OK money.

Pick the bike next friday!!

• Like Like x 1
  8. GappySmeg

GappySmeg Well-Known Member

Congratulations... another member of the HRC club, the best and most exclusive set of Fireblade owners :)

9. BlackDevil

BlackDevil Elite Member

Hi and welcome Jon!

10. Slick

Slick Elite Member

8766_10151542735404428_603009715_n.jpeg

here she is, totally standard and molested not for long though..

#30 Slick, Nov 23, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  11. ddc

ddc Member

Looks great fella , Love that colour scheme :)

12. Stimo

Stimo Member

welcome!
    stunning bike :)