Cash strapped moto gp

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by BLAGGERS, Feb 22, 2012.

1. BLAGGERS

BLAGGERS Well-Known Member

Just reading mcn and HRC boss' livio suppo's idea to reduce costs is a bloody good one from a spectators point of view IMO. Could try it for one season at least.
    For those who dont know, basically he suggests that all the riders race a honda, yamaha, ducati and a beemer in the same season. Eg, stoner would ride a yamaha, crutchlow on the beemer, rossi on a honda..etc next round they swap bikes. So if you had 6 manufacturers and 18 riders, each rider must do 3 races with each bike.
    Right, can o worms opened.:D

2. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

Never going to happen. interesting idea but not really racing for the team and yourself if your swapping.

NOW WIFE SWAPPING is another idea ;)

3. exfire

exfire Elite Member

I would swap mine for a Panigale or for a Ohlins front forks............damn, just remembered we are not actually married, will swap anyway.

Back on topic, it will never happen, but I would love to see them race with identical bikes for a season and just find out exactly who is the best rider.

• Like Like x 1
  4. BLAGGERS

BLAGGERS Well-Known Member

Still racing for the championship tho, so whatever bike ya ride ya need the points. And the manufacturers would keep their points system too. I KNOW it'll never happen, but just think it would make a bloody good season, especially after lazt year.

5. Givover

Givover God Like

Agreed the racing is flat as a nuns tit so any new idea would be welcome by the fans. Now on the swop idea yes (jimbo's please).

6. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

They should race a lap then pit and all swap bikes but take one bike away, so whoever's last is out of the race.

No wait, wait...they should all close their eyes and whoever's on pole has to race as far away as he can while they count to a hundred and then they all have to race to him. The first one there gets the next go.

No! No! Even better. The pole guy is 'it', and the others have to ride away from him as fast as they can and he has to catch them.

Everyone a gem.

And everyone as pointless as swapping bikes each race.

• Like Like x 3