Catastrophic engine failure, please help me..

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by Blackngold, Apr 25, 2022.

1. vic_ster51

vic_ster51 Active Member

It has the mount for it I believe

2. vic_ster51

vic_ster51 Active Member

I’ll have to talk to the guy I sold the new 19 engine too who put it in his 08. I think that was the only swap. But yeah no issues etc been dealing with them since 08

3. Kentblade

Kentblade God Like

@Blackngold

If you bought this from a VAT reg trader, then it’s 6 months, it’s law and non negotiable other than you might have to go legal if they won’t bend.

It’s now their responsibility to prove the vehicle was not faulty when they sold it, easier said than done.

4. Blackngold

Blackngold New Member

Yeah I'm 100

Yeah I'm 100% going to have push for it, trading standard or small claims, whichever I can do..
    I can't afford a replacement engine without putting myself in a financial predicament (a loan) or even worse I loose the bike that I put litteraly all my savings into buying.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. Blackngold

Blackngold New Member

Told the mechanic not to explore any deeper, the sump is full of copper shrapnel, whatever has gone off is bad, soo not going to waste any more money on labour to investigate further.
    its a 100% replacement engine going in as a rebuild is gonna be super costly for parts and labour..
    Time to hunt for a engine and a loan....

6. dainesefreak

dainesefreak Senior Member

That's sh*t mate. I'd definitely be going after the dealer, no way I'd be swallowing the cost without a fight.

A few years ago I had a 2-stroke that went in for a rebuild and about a month later threw a piston when the throttle was wide open on a dual carriageway. The work was carried out by a main dealer at the time and they refused any liability, told me a right tale of bull even down to it was the mechanic's fault he's just sacked.

So I told him I'd spoken to Citizens Advice and would take him to court. Told me he didn't care, takes months and he's already got someone else threatening the same. So I then told him I was going to get the bike in a van, bring it down and stand outside the dealership telling everyone how sh*t they were. Took him all of a minute to offer up cash.

7. Blackngold

Blackngold New Member

Well I found a ridiculous low milage 2016 sp1 engine and throttle bodies so that currently being fitted as I write this, big thanks to Tony and Neil at Parkitt Racing and performance motorcycle in tuxford blessed knowing these guys, 100% recommended if your local to Lincoln... IMG-20220615-WA0058.jpg

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 9
  8. Blackngold

Blackngold New Member

So only a few hours from being back up and running, went to pick my original engine up today, took these photos from the inlet side, valves are fooooking fithy. Going to pull the whole thing apart over the next week or soo, but anyone got any ideas why they'd be soo dirty, wasn't smoking at all on any of the rides out...

Attached Files:

9. Coda

Coda Active Member

Those look burned to me. Weak mixture maybe?

10. buz

buz Active Member

looks normal apart from the dirt. All of mine have had similar carbon build up and it's not from going slow.