Cbr 1000rr track day meet ?

Discussion in 'Trackdays' started by Repsol Rob, Oct 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

Brands GP dates are always kept to a minimum amount of slots so would be about as expensive as it comes!! normal day is 265... normally an event runs 3 groups of say 30 bikes so you must be looking at £24k for exclusive hire.... that’s a fair amount!

obviously Cadwell / Snetterton etc would be cheaper but cant see exclusive track is feasible unless we have a 100 signed up for it... and who is going to take the risk of bookings and collecting money etc??

dont know what the track is like, but goodwood specialize in club hire.... might be worth a look, but not best location for the majority?

I think our best option would be to speak to one of the events organisers and see if they could give us exclusive booking until a cut off date that way all people on here get a chance before spaces fill up, and the organisers still ensure they get a full day so they would prob be up for it. if we manage to fill up the date before then, then its an exclusive day for usual rates!! everyone is a winner.

2. zeepony

zeepony Active Member

Ok cheers Criag. But surely if we get 50 people thats only £100 each for the entire circuit.

I agree, Brands Indy is too short and boring but Brands GP as above is frickin amazing! Out of the options above - i'd plump for Donnie or Silverstone i think.

Good luck with the hunt :)

3. slowr1der

slowr1der Active Member

Ummmmm only 50 peeps we could have a nice open pitlane day then

4. CastrolCraig

CastrolCraig Active Member

Jimbo, i am currently speaking to Easytrack about making a group booking, we are waiting for 2012 dates before i can start a fresh thread.

Zeepony, 5k plus vat, then you have liability cover etc, and in the greatest respect, our td wont be in off season, it will be end of march early april, at which point your probably talking 10k plus vat.

Given easytrack are widely regarded as the new trackday kings, and they only book a max of 30 per group, its our best option, plus there prices are far better than Focused events & others.

5. CastrolCraig

you cant have 50 folk on track at the same time though fella, so even if 50 of us did book a circuit for the day it wold still mean some folk waiting arond all day

6. zeepony

zeepony Active Member

No problem, i dont want to rustle any feathers and whatever is planned im sure will be amazing. But i'm pretty sure many organizers run +50 bikes in each group.

Cool - never done an Easy track event so looking forward to it!

7. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

50 bikes in a novice/inter and fast group split would be ample surely?

dont know about you but i cant ride all day long... half hour on half hour off all day nearly killed me last time!! lol

8. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

fair play!! if anyone need any help organising on this let me know.

9. CastrolCraig

No feather rustling taken matey, its all good discussing it.

As for numbers, the max you can have in a group at any uk circuit is 45, open pitlane is lower. focused events regularly run the max numbers on td's with full reserve list, and they dont often do open pitlane days because it cant make them enough money lol.

Easytrack never book more then 30 per group, so you can always be assured of decent tracktime.

10. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

I'm still up for this. when we looking at this? I got a good mate who's interested but he will have to bring his R1 along ;)

11. CastrolCraig

anytime from end of march onwards mate, im thinking mid april or early may, that way the bad weather has gone and the prices havent gone up to summer prices.

• Like Like x 1
  12. JD

JD Active Member

I'm itching to get out, so if it's dry I'm in. Jimbo, sorry about last weekend bud, but it was right I didn't go as it ended up a sad day.

JD

13. tucker

tucker Active Member

;)if its april may time im in fellas cant wait im dying to get out on track again ;)

14. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

End April to May sounds great. Just don't book it between the 26th March to 17April. I is in Florida :becky:

15. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

Still up for this and looking forward to finding out more when organizers release their dates

16. CastrolCraig

Easytrack looking to inform us of their plans before xmas so we can get a thread up and running.

17. Jamiestrada

Jamiestrada JamieMultiTraitor

I went with easytrack at cadwell, they where brilliant :)

18. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

Good work mate!!

Did you manage to sort out priority booking or anything (I.e allowing us lot to book before places fill up) or we just going to make a mad dash as soon as its available?

#138 Jimbo Vills, Dec 7, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2011
  19. CastrolCraig

Im currently working on a few ideas, im speaking to Rob, Matt & Dan about them.

One of them is to possibly open up the day for other Honda Owners Clubs, And maybe even the rowdy bunch from over on Pistonheads Biker Banter, im yet to receive an answer on this from Rob, but if i get the A-ok ill be looking for any of you guys in a position to promote this elsewhere to step up and give us a hand, if we can get enough then maybe we can block book an entire day and not just certain amounts of spaces.

20. Rob

Rob Administrator
    Staff Member

All good with me Craig. Sound like a great plan.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.